Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as the title says, if so, how did you wire it up?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Gen4 kit ECU needs switch type sensor, power is cut when two wires make contact. I belive most sensors act like this.

A member here used Panigale oem sensor (pull type,makes reverse pattern for Gen4). I did grab one from eBay and needed to make custom rod, since it has M8 thread. Looks ugly and works very good.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I have used with my gen3 race ecu a lot of shifter sensors like dynojet , pk power even a simpl kick starter valve from a r1. u could easily use any sensor that cut power when the contact done.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Gen4 kit ECU needs switch type sensor, power is cut when two wires make contact. I belive most sensors act like this.

A member here used Panigale oem sensor (pull type,makes reverse pattern for Gen4). I did grab one from eBay and needed to make custom rod, since it has M8 thread. Looks ugly and works very good.
I used a panigale 1199 oem quickshift sensor on my Gen 1 with a PC3. I bought the PC3 plug end, and clipped a ducati connector off my friends discarded tail and have it grafted together quiet nicely.

That said my Gen4 trackbike uses a dynojet QS sensor with my Kit ECU and Harness. The Kit ecu has a provision for the dynojet connector so thats why it was used.

You can zoom in and see the quickshifter on my Gen1 here: https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/18055963_10211242375547633_6085503547553482790_o.jpg?oh=d23f65d1497e7bbd9640b6860ef58ee7&oe=599FEACB

·
Registered
15 Posts
thanks for all the replies! i will just snag a dynojet sensor. Had a lead on a bazzaz sensor cheap, but dynojet it is!

·
Registered
51 Posts
bazzaz uses a bazzaz only sensor, that uses 3 cables....
If we're talking the older style bazzaz sensor (push vs pull), the third wire is just for the sensor light. I see no reason you couldn't use a bazzaz sensor with the kit ecu by just using the two leads. With that said, I tore an old, broken sensor apart and the wires were very small gauge and pretty hard to work with and hard to get to with the casing they use.-Steven

Sent from my HTC Desire 625 using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts