Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking about getting some BT oo3's for my 04 zx10. anyone run these and what did you think? seeking feedback.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Are you referring to the BT-003RS (street) or BT-003 Pro (track)?

I can tell you that the pros are damn good.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
BT-003 Pro's are badass

I ran 80+ laps in 94 degree weather and they stuck like glue all day.

If you click the link in my sig for my trackday, I posted some pics of the tires after the day was over.

Mary at Superbike Supply can get you a good price

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
BT-003 Pro's are badass

I ran 80+ laps in 94 degree weather and they stuck like glue all day.

If you click the link in my sig for my trackday, I posted some pics of the tires after the day was over.

Mary at Superbike Supply can get you a good price
It looks like that track only uses one side of the tire.:thumbsup:

Do you use tire warmers?

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
It looks like that track only uses one side of the tire.:thumbsup:

Do you use tire warmers?
Hehe, yep. Lots of left turns :mrgreen:

I did use tire warmers.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
i wont be going to tracks days but i ride pretty hard and agressive on the street.
I wouldn't recommend the pros for the street. They won't get hot enough and will feel like poop until hot :badteeth:

I have heard many people say very good things about the BT-003RS tires though.

I haven't used them, but I have had lots of luck with the BT-016 street tires. I say give the BT-003RS tires a shot.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
I wouldn't recommend the pros for the street. They won't get hot enough and will feel like poop until hot :badteeth:

I have heard many people say very good things about the BT-003RS tires though.

I haven't used them, but I have had lots of luck with the BT-016 street tires. I say give the BT-003RS tires a shot.
:+1: The 016's are great, so if the 003rs are designed for the street they should provide you w/ plenty of grip. I like to run the rear (bt016)at around 30 psi on the street to warm them up good.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
so the 003 pros wont work as well say the 016's?
If you are riding on the street, you don't want the pros.

But the 003RS (Race street) would be a good option. They will probably have a bit more grip than the 016s at the expense of some commuting mileage.

I've only tried the 016s and 003 pros, so i can't comment on the 003RS. But i would bet money they will be kickass, and I have seen quite a few people rave about them.

·
Registered
609 Posts
If you are riding on the street, you don't want the pros.

But the 003RS (Race street) would be a good option. They will probably have a bit more grip than the 016s at the expense of some commuting mileage.

I've only tried the 016s and 003 pros, so i can't comment on the 003RS. But i would bet money they will be kickass, and I have seen quite a few people rave about them.
Pretty good advise. I haven't run stones in a while, but know several that do.

The pros are a true race tire. On the street or even a entry level track day rider will never get enough heat in them.

003rs will grip better than the 016, but the 016 does a good job for street only. If you plan to do any track days, I would stay away from the 016. The 003rs is a much better tire for track days, but will wear faster.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
the heat cycle is too much for street with the 003 pros, the regular 003's are not too bad but wear a bit more than the 016's and dont heat up as fast on the street.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Don't have any experience w/ either of the 003's, but I run the 002s on the street & love them. I ride pretty hard & still got about 7500 miles out of my last set despite the soft compound. From my understanding the 003RS is the replacement for the 002s.

·
Registered
80 Posts
003RS's are badass. Just make sure you tell your buddies behind you to have rad guards or stay back. I have put holes in two zx10's, a zx14, a zx6r, and a brand new 09 R1. All behind me while I was running 003's.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
003RS's are badass. Just make sure you tell your buddies behind you to have rad guards or stay back. I have put holes in two zx10's, a zx14, a zx6r, and a brand new 09 R1. All behind me while I was running 003's.
chip sealing season is a bitch!:sad:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
HMmmmmm...now you guys got me thinkng. i just want tires thats going to stick well when i take some corners hard. i do pretty hard riding. i just dont want to slide out of the twistys u kno wat i mean!? My bt016's were ok i guess. sometimes they would feal a little choppy in corners. maybe ill look into the oo3rs

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
HMmmmmm...now you guys got me thinkng. i just want tires thats going to stick well when i take some corners hard. i do pretty hard riding. i just dont want to slide out of the twistys u kno wat i mean!? My bt016's were ok i guess. sometimes they would feal a little choppy in corners. maybe ill look into the oo3rs
The 003rs tires should give more grip than the 016s.

Just curious, did you try the retail 016s or the OEM 016s? They aren't the same tire.

The OEM BT-016 only has two compounds, while the retail tire has 3 compounds

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
idk if they are oem or retail. how can u tell? i was looking through a Parts Unlimited book and they only list the bt0016's and bt003's. dont see anything with the rs. does anyone know a part number from Parts Unlimited for the 003rs's?

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Actually, they probably were the retail BT-016s since you have an 04 zx-10.

I would imagine the 003's in the Parts Unlimited book are the RS. I'm pretty sure you can only get the Pros from authorized distributors.

PM Mary at Superbike Supply, her screename is lexusrx. She'll hook you up with a good price

1 - 20 of 28 Posts