Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about caring a fixed blade, typically if I ride I'm not normally going to many establishments other than work. But my fear is a disgruntled driver on the road that gets out of his car. I mind my own business and I do not instigate motorists faults. But there is always someone that takes it to far.
Scenario I had today.

So I'm on my way home down a 3 have highway that is posted at 60mph which is way underrated and the average speed is 75mph for most. Dude in f150 sitting in fast lane doing 70. 3 wide blocked Lanes. No one's budging. So eventually the f150 does 72 mph creeps past. He is almost all the way over in the middle Lane I'm on the throttle to pass mfer comes back over and came within 4ft of clipping me for no reason. I just kept going. Wtf. I did nothing but mind my own business. And I left him plenty of space. Now if he would of hit me and someone how I was still okay to move and he attacked me I wouldn't just have my fist. Anyone think about some f'd up scenarios and or carries?

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
:popcorn:

Edit - You'll shoot your eye out!!

Reactions: evilaugust

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,778 Posts
Hmmmm. The first problem I have here is that you're riding a ZX-10R and you let an F1-Fiddy get that close to you. Why not just turn that right hand a little bit more down and actually put it behind you? I would suggest you put the bike in power mode 'F' and not 'L' when riding it around though.

Second, a fixed blade or gun is a great idea. I can't imagine any scenarios where going down on a bike wouldn't impale you or the weapon would get tossed from you. Not at all. I'm a big advocate for carrying weapons at the speed limit fully exposed to the environment.

Or just go full-tilt and ride one of these to work everyday. :idea:

This is an option also...

If Chuck Norris can do it, so can you! It's the complete definition of "KawiSEXY"!

Reactions: Capncalyx

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmmm. The first problem I have here is that you're riding a ZX-10R and you let an F1-Fiddy get that close to you. Why not just turn that right hand a little bit more down and actually put it behind you? I would suggest you put the bike in power mode 'F' and not 'L' when riding it around though.

Second, a fixed blade or gun is a great idea. I can't imagine any scenarios where going down on a bike wouldn't impale you or the weapon would get tossed from you. Not at all. I'm a big advocate for carrying weapons at the speed limit fully exposed to the environment.

Or just go full-tilt and ride one of these to work everyday. :idea:

This is an option also...

If Chuck Norris can do it, so can you! It's the complete definition of "KawiSEXY"!
Well if chuck Norris approves then I must abide by his decision lol. I was already at his front fender when he came over. I was on double Fu powermode only on reflashed bikes have.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Would love to ride ANY of those ^^^^^^^^^ in/out of downtown Indy rush hour traffic!! Maybe park it out front of the Capitol Building?

·
Registered
92 Posts
SkyDork,
Did you take the pic of the scooter-mounted cannon? If so, where? I saw one of the same in a tank museum in France, but I don't remember the pit shown in your photo next to it.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,778 Posts
SkyDork,
Did you take the pic of the scooter-mounted cannon? If so, where? I saw one of the same in a tank museum in France, but I don't remember the pit shown in your photo next to it.
Nah. I google searched for that. I would love to see that in person though and actually try that thing out! I'm curious what the recoil on that thing is? :lol:

·
Registered
207 Posts
I agree with Skydork. Pass and get the hell out of there. Why not just carry a folding knife in your pocket? I have had someone do the same BS on the frwy. I threw the Fing knife at his windshield as I pinned the throttle. Problem solved....

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
It's not too often I even remotely disagree with The Dork... and I really don't in this case... be here are a few thoughts from someone who carries more often than not.

A knife is useless. It will much more likely end up doing you harm than good in almost any situation. If you couldn't handle the threat in a normal fistfight, chances are they would be able to take it from you anyway. A knife is a deadly weapon, but an altogether inferior one to any projectile firing device.... why bother when given the choice?

Legal carry should be an educated effort (training, knowing the law/your rights, situational awareness, etc), and there are very VERY few roadside situations where legal carry will help you out at all. You really don't have the right to brandish or use deadly force in just about any road rage encounter (in my limited knowledge, anyway... states vary ;) ). I absolutely encourage RESPONSIBLE people to carry, but part of being responsible is to educate yourself on the law(s), and to do your best to AVOID situations that lead up to needing deadly force. Carrying generally restricts where you can go and what you can do... doing so without knowing the consequences is perilous, to say the least. And crashing on your side-arm would suck, absolutely no doubt there.

Even if you do carry, the solution in that situation was to hang back and let discretion be the better part of valor. It will be almost every time, in my experience. All that said, I still carry whenever & wherever I can. But if you're not into training, education, and being more aware of your surroundings, don't bother.... just pin it and don't play fuck-fuck games with stupid people.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
When I come up behind all 3 lanes plugged at the speed limit I usually don't wait too long before I wheelie by them on the shoulder.
This goes through my head 100% of the time this happens to me. Thank god the connie can't mono at those speeds... I have a CDL to keep!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So what I'm getting out of this is sending my bike off to "Q" from James Bond and get the oil slick, flamethrower, missile package installed?

·
The Pace
7,177 Posts
We had a member here a couple years ago that sported a non concealed side arm and he disappeared.

I'm sure Sky or someone remembers. I was thinking about what happened to him just a couple weeks ago and then this thread shows.

Best counter is go-pro. Downloaded direct to computer so wife can sort and point.

Next, sometimes have to be patient as cagers may have a temporary mental issue. Not joking; I ride a lot. Although not as much with the 10rs as they have down time.

If a problem ahead, BACK OFF and just wait and watch.

If tricky must wait as any crash causes a huge freakin ripple effect; If clear then I split lanes or whatever as CA traffic is used to bikes and rather have us out of the way; but only if clear, meaning cagers here will provide a passing split lane.

OK, but you have to RIDE YOUR OWN RIDE and that depends upon your skill level and your regional-driving expectation level.

And I'm not saying CA politics are good as they're filthy; however our moto situation is fair here.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We had a member here a couple years ago that sported a non concealed side arm and he disappeared.

I'm sure Sky or someone remembers. I was thinking about what happened to him just a couple weeks ago and then this thread shows.

Best counter is go-pro. Downloaded direct to computer so wife can sort and point.

Next, sometimes have to be patient as cagers may have a temporary mental issue. Not joking; I ride a lot. Although not as much with the 10rs as they have down time.

If a problem ahead, BACK OFF and just wait and watch.

If tricky must wait as any crash causes a huge freakin ripple effect; If clear then I split lanes or whatever as CA traffic is used to bikes and rather have us out of the way; but only if clear, meaning cagers here will provide a passing split lane.

OK, but you have to RIDE YOUR OWN RIDE and that depends upon your skill level and your regional-driving expectation level.

And I'm not saying CA politics are good as they're filthy; however our moto situation is fair here.
I think he was waiting for me to split lanes to fuck with me. It's not legal in SC. I've never done it now really had the need to yet. But I agree with your post

·
Registered
642 Posts
Yes, that's the way to show a asshole driver that cuts you off..... shoot
and kill them or stab them in the head!

If a bunch of people are driving slow, like only 10mph over the speed limit, I just kick it and cruise. I dont need practice going fast, I tell myself I need practice going slow.

I'm sure your states attorney general will not file charges and
brush it off as justifiable homicide.

Geezzz... leave the weapons at home.

I've shot competitively for years, conceal weapon permit, (no longer needed in AZ) etc., etc. and the last thing I'll do is carry a gun. Why? way to much
responsibility. If someone pulls a gun on you, RUN! do the snake pattern.

If someone tries to kick your ass RUN or stand and fight!

Carrying a gun is just plain stupid. Even if you try to shoot a bad guy, what
happens when you accidentally shoot and kill the little girl standing 50 yards
behinds him? Yep, you just committed murder.

Here in AZ even brandishing a gun is a "mandatory" 5 year prison sentence.
No plea bargain, probation, etc. 5 years period and you are now a felon.

I met a attorney who only dealt in gun related cases and man he's got
some real horror stories. Right or Wrong lets start with a 50k retainer and
if your case goes to trial you'll be in the 250k range.

Also in a shooting even if you where correct, you are never "cleared" like
you see the cops in TV shows. It just sits over your head and the AG can
come back at anytime and file charges, maybe even years down the road.

If you have a problem with a driver, get the plates and call the cops.
Let them deal with it or brush it off.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Kind of sad that you need a gun when going for a ride. Bunch of insecure pussies that live in fear. I put my little pistol in my little fanny pack (next to the tampons) hahahahaahah! Do you guys conceal and carry when taking a shit too?:ninnyslap: :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
The people in our group rides sometimes carry. One who is a Law enforcement officer always carries.

I don't think it's a bad idea to be ready at all times given our nations current state. People are crazy out there and are doing unthinkable shit all the time, so me I'd rather be prepared for the worst possible scenario and if that means I have to pull out a weapon to stop a asshole from trying to cause harm to me or anyone I'm all for it.

I don't think he's trying to shoot any asshole that tries to cut him off. He's more concerned with an idiot following him or getting out of their car at stop lights and things of that nature is what I took away from his post.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.