1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
26 Posts
I fitted (genuine) GSXR mirrors to mine so's I can have an idea what's behind me. They do not look a lot different to stock on the bikes silhouette - but they have slightly longer stems and a slightly bigger head so they work better. The stems fit straight into the stock ZX10 mounts as well.

The ones in that picture from Busters look like RVF copy mirrors and will almost certainly be of Chinese or Taiwanese manufacture. They are probably gonna vibrate and buzz like a bastard as most pattern mirrors do. They also look smaller than the std mirrors - if knowing what's behind you is not important to you and you want a smooth look, just take the mirrors off altogether and use blanking plates.

If you do wanna know whether the plod are chasing you down - you want better mirrors, not smaller :)

·
Registered
187 Posts
I fitted (genuine) GSXR mirrors to mine so's I can have an idea what's behind me. They do not look a lot different to stock on the bikes silhouette - but they have slightly longer stems and a slightly bigger head so they work better. The stems fit straight into the stock ZX10 mounts as well.
I wondered about that. I've got a pair of gixxer 600 mirrors I had on my Yamaha. I glanced at the base of the Ninjas mirrors and figured they would fit. The stalks are prolly 2 inches longer nearly. They seem to be the mirrors everyone uses to replace stock.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
Im not hosting them so just use the linky it works the same. unless you have dial up, at which point i feel no pity for you:mrgreen:. Did you ever get these mirrors coxy?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No well I have decided against them now really from other peoples opinions plus they can't be very good being that cheap.

I really like the mirrors you suggested but I really need some that can fold in as I put my bike down the side of my house and those ones lock in place apparently.

I think I may just keep the stocks and either tint the huge indicator lenses or shell out for the rather cool Kawasaki mini ones.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Speaking of tinting the front signals, I can't believe Clear Alternatives hasn't come out with a set of smoked front turn signals for the 08-10 models.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Me and a mate said that exact same thing today!!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts