Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted some feedback. I don't usually go for additives but thinking about trying it. Thanks for any help.
Yes. I did a search.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Im not a big fan of additives I just dont buy into it.. kinda like that zmax crap if that was so good dont ya think all the oil companies would be using it in there oil or reccomending it ?? the people who talk on tv about those things are getting paid to read lines... just my thoughts id have to see its positive affects first before Id buy some of that stuff out there...

·
Squid
6,017 Posts
im not a big fan of additives i just dont buy into it.. Kinda like that zmax crap if that was so good dont ya think all the oil companies would be using it in there oil or reccomending it ?? The people who talk on tv about those things are getting paid to read lines... Just my thoughts id have to see its positive affects first before id buy some of that stuff out there...
:+1:

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
My right wrist prevents sludge and buildup.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
yeah I remember that story haha. funny stuff, thats right up there with the yut uhh guy or what ever his shit was called

·
Registered
380 Posts
SEAFOAM FTW, stuff is awesome!! Gas, oil, intake, cleans it all and makes my cars and bikes run better than new. And what a smoke show when I suck through my vacuum line on the truck lol. Buy it, use it, believe in it!!

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
I read that Seafoam cures cancer.

·
Registered
20 Posts
SEAFOAM FTW, stuff is awesome!! Gas, oil, intake, cleans it all and makes my cars and bikes run better than new. And what a smoke show when I suck through my vacuum line on the truck lol. Buy it, use it, believe in it!!

I'd have to agree on the seafoam I had some gummed up carbs on my R1 quad it would stumble at no rev up on full throttle but would run around part throttle all day. I had it dyno tuned last year so I knew it's should be pretty close. Didn't want to take the carbs apart again so I bought a can of that as a last resort. Put in about half the can to 2 gallons of fuel. Yes I know that's pretty concentrated. Reved it up a dozen times still had the problem. I did the start and rev a dozen times for three days finally on the third day I was about to say hell with it and start pulling it apart when it let loose.

Seafoam is the best shit ever!!! Now I sound like Billy Mays

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
on the gixxer forum too someguy wanted to make sure he got all of the metal pieces out of his engine once he met brake in...so he opened the cap on the clutch side and used a garden hose to flush out the metal :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
on the gixxer forum too someguy wanted to make sure he got all of the metal pieces out of his engine once he met brake in...so he opened the cap on the clutch side and used a garden hose to flush out the metal :)
Sounds ingenious to put water into your engine.:eyecrazy:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don't know about you guys but I'm not putting a freaking hose into my engine. In fact I'd be hard pressed to put that seafoam into my engine. I could imagine what the stuff would do to a wet clutch setup. But first hand experience says it works on gumed up carbs.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for all the replies. I have always felt the same way about additives as the rest here. Seafoam I look at as a cleaner. Still If you look at Oldguys bikes. Lots of miles.:dontknow:

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Yeah I thought I also read somewhere that a guy wanted to flush the engine out on a car and put the hose in the oil fill hole and ran the car with no oil drain plug so all the dirty oil would get flushed out LOL then the motor seized up and he didn't know why or how that could happen LOL

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Yeah I thought I also read somewhere that a guy wanted to flush the engine out on a car and put the hose in the oil fill hole and ran the car with no oil drain plug so all the dirty oil would get flushed out LOL then the motor seized up and he didn't know why or how that could happen LOL

hahaha maybe the same guy did it to his bike...no no it probably had to been his brother or something jeez people:dontknow::headshake

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,372 Posts
yeah I remember that story haha. funny stuff, thats right up there with the yut uhh guy or what ever his shit was called
The two had to be related!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts