Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My helmet from my last bike doesn't match my new bike but I like my helmet and don't want to fork out the cash for a new one either. It's the blue/white/black arai rx7rr4 with the eagle's head on the sides. My plan is to just mask off all but the blue and air brush it kawi green. I used to air brush years ago but all the paints I used were water based. I need to know what kind of paints to use and any tip as I've only done this on paper before. Thanks for any input guys.

kawazeppelin

·
Registered
1,276 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Mine were pretty complicated with lots of detail, he actually cut out small pieces of reflective vynl and worked them into the paint job! I paid $300 for the whole thing, it was a couple years ago so I don't know if his prices have gone up or down.

Ryan

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I'm actually looking for some GREEN reflective vinyl to be put on my helmet....

·
Registered
34 Posts
kawazeppelin said:
My helmet from my last bike doesn't match my new bike but I like my helmet and don't want to fork out the cash for a new one either. It's the blue/white/black arai rx7rr4 with the eagle's head on the sides. My plan is to just mask off all but the blue and air brush it kawi green. I used to air brush years ago but all the paints I used were water based. I need to know what kind of paints to use and any tip as I've only done this on paper before. Thanks for any input guys.

kawazeppelin
The guy who did my tool box and helmet used "OneShot" sign paint he also uses it for all his pinstriping,its a tough paint and it drys quick with little prep, on my helmet and box he clear coated over the top for a little extra protection

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
always remember one thing, there are a ton of painters out there doing helmets, but how many of them can duplicate the quality of a real replica from shoei or arai? do alot of research on getting a helmet painted, if you don't like the outcome you'll hate it each and every time you put it on, all my motox helmets were custom painted, i had some done by pro-art-works in MD he did and i think still does travis pastrana's helmets, another good painter is airtrix (www.airtrix.com) just about every suomy replica is his work, when you go for this kind of quality, none will be cheap. troy lee is another good place. offbeat productions is good also

i've never been one myself to match a helmet to a bike, i always felt that the helmet is well.....personal, it should just match you, who cares about colors or designs. right now i have my black aprilia, but i wear a chris v shoei yellow replica, doesn't really go with the bike, but i like it like that

1 - 13 of 13 Posts