Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought myself a gen4 and will be dragging it mostly. I've already done the Brock's clutch springs/spacer plate mod and eliminated the slipper clutch.
I have run the 1/8 mile at 6.44 at 117. 60ft 1.66
Gearing was 16/39, lowered 2" front and rear, plus strapped the frontend down.

This week I'll have the Guhl ECU Reflash back with Slipon map, Exoticycle swingarm extensions, EK 525ZZZ chain, Honda CBR1000rr shock linkage installed before racing Friday or Saturday night.

I plan on running 15/40 or 15/42 gearing.

What are some times that Gen4 riders are seeing??

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
15 42 would be way better...you ever been to the 1/4 track at beech bend in bowling green? Thinking bout going up there next weekend...

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
15 42 would be way better...you ever been to the 1/4 track at beech bend in bowling green? Thinking bout going up there next weekend...
I'm about 90 miles away so it's not impossible to get down there but the local 1/8 is like 30-35 mins away. I have run my 03' gsxr1000 there last year and tried to last month but it was rained out. I'll get down there soon so it can stretch its legs..?

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Gearing man. Since you will have it stretched definitely try the 15/42. For the 1/8th mile you need all the gear you can handle.
You had a great 60ft for stock gearing man. With 15/42 and stretched you will likely see 1.40's.

·
Registered
871 Posts
A local guy (Tony Ferland) has a SWB Gen4 that he is running. No internal engine work, just lowered, flashed, pipe, MR12 and a tune and that is running 8.80s in the 1/4.

Side note: did you get the chrome or gold ZZZ chain? If its chrome and you have to shorten it, let me know. I just put a longer arm on mine and need some more links.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A local guy (Tony Ferland) has a SWB Gen4 that he is running. No internal engine work, just lowered, flashed, pipe, MR12 and a tune and that is running 8.80s in the 1/4.

Side note: did you get the chrome or gold ZZZ chain? If its chrome and you have to shorten it, let me know. I just put a longer arm on mine and need some more links.
Sorry man, It is the gold one. I've seen your Wanted post and wanted to help but figured you wouldn't want to mix and match chains

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Attachments

·
Registered
358 Posts
I was looking at the mods you have listed and saw that you are using CBR shock linkage. Just wanted to no if that was a cheaper way of doing a straight link?

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was looking at the mods you have listed and saw that you are using CBR shock linkage. Just wanted to no if that was a cheaper way of doing a straight link?
I personally couldn't get the Cbr linkage to work. The large aluminum plate was jammed into the shock reservoir. I found a used CBR adjustable link instead on a forum for $55 shipped. Ur welcome to try it. PM me if interested cuz it's sitting in my shop not getting used. I also have the Vortex/ Yana Shiki lowering plates for sale.
The cbr1100 blackbird lowering link worked also. I bummed one from a friends bike. It lowered it about 2" maybe a little more, it was the 2 hole type found on eBay.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey patrick sharp bike man :thumbsup: i would def throw some gear on here bc mine came alive when i threw the 15t on the front.
I ended up going with 15/44. I tired 15/42 and was still in 5th gear in the 1/4 mile and it was still sluggish for me to get off the line.
I'm still learning the bike and how to leave cleanly. Best 60 is 1.53, so there is major improvement needed on my half.
The bike is pretty weak down low, my 09' zx10 is a good 5-8Hp over the 11" at 5-7000.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
I ended up going with 15/44. I tired 15/42 and was still in 5th gear in the 1/4 mile and it was still sluggish for me to get off the line.
I'm still learning the bike and how to leave cleanly. Best 60 is 1.53, so there is major improvement needed on my half.
The bike is pretty weak down low, my 09' zx10 is a good 5-8Hp over the 11" at 5-7000.
yea its a guy at local track here same identical bike to yours geared 15/44 and flies off the line but seat time will help lower that 60 you be cuttin some 1.40's in no time :wink:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Im about 240 lbs suited.. 2012 10r with guhl flash, 16-39 gearing, graves slip on, k&n race filter lowered 1.5 inches, mirror block offs, lightweight batter and i strap the front stock wheelbase ... My best so far is a 9.85 @ 147.3.... My 60 ft was a 1.68

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Im about 240 lbs suited.. 2012 10r with guhl flash, 16-39 gearing, graves slip on, k&n race filter lowered 1.5 inches, mirror block offs, lightweight batter and i strap the front stock wheelbase ... My best so far is a 9.85 @ 147.3.... My 60 ft was a 1.68
Those are some impressive numbers. Post up a few of the bike when you can. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have only been to the track twice w/ mine. I can't launch to save my life , but I ran a 9.94 @ 148 Another guy there with similar setup runs 9.14 @ 157. SWB. 1st gear is touchy to say the least !

1 - 17 of 17 Posts