Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My problem is a big retailer with plenty suits to try on is about 4 hours away from me. I work 6 days a week and don't have the time to travel down there. I don't have much time and need a jacket asap which I can order online.

Anyone here has a suit that recommend that's about my size? I know my size is to tall and skinny for most suits out there but if you got one that fits snug from some kind of brand. That would be awesome. I'm thinking about taking the risk and buy a US 48 astar SP1 and Astar 34 leather pants. :dontknow:

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Your probably going to be a 46us. I have a 42us and a 44us. I'm 6'0 right now 170 pounds and the 42us fits me perfect. The 44us is a bit longer but much wider in every area especially the waist. The 44us will definitely fit you width wise but it might fall a bit short for your height. A 46us will definitely fit you but is probably going to be really loose on you kind of like how my 44us is but you can stuff it with armour.

This is reference to a 1 piece suit. may work for a 2 piece but can't be certain.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I'm 6' 3" and weigh about 215.
My waist is 34.
I have a Coretech Suit that fits pretty well.
It's an XL 46. It's hard to find a suit that fits taller riders. I'm not extremely tall or big, but when you're not on the heavy side, suits fit great when it comes to length, but crappy when it comes to waist sizing.

·
Registered
414 Posts
You are going to order alpinestars you will need a 44. Height is not going to matter much with this. Its only when you are buying full suits. Most everything is in Italian size so add 10 for US size. Hope this helps. I'm 6'3 220 and wear a 46 now, when I get back down to 205 I will get a 44.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,049 Posts
Id be :+1: with JLG and trd, Im 6' 196 and I have an A* 44 thats a near perfect fit. Id say a 46 would be dead on for you. You may have a slight camel toe when standing perfectly upright but remember the suit is made to be comfortable in the riding position NOT standing up in. I would call Mike at Riders Discount. He will really coach you through your price range and what features you want in a suit and help you find one to fit you as well. They are a site sponser and have always given me fantastic deals on gear.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
i have a one peice that would fit u like a glove dianese for 300. shipped. let me know man im 6'4 220 and its way too tight but on you it would be a glove. lemme know.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Joe Rocket jacket Size 42 fits me perfect almost everywhere but a little short in the arms, I wish I woulda gone with a 44 and I'm 6' 190, but I do have longer arms.

Edit: I agree with the other guys, a 46 should fit perfect for you, but nothing wrong with getting a size up.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I'm 6'4" and 180. I wear a size 46 xcelerator suit with 3 inches sewn into the legs and 5 inches sewn into the crotch by Barnacle Bill in KY.

You will not find an off-the-shelf suit that fits your length. Choose based off chest size and get it altered for length. Remember to leave room for back and chest protectors if you plan to use them. My actual chest size is only 40-42, but I wear 46 to fit the back and chest protector.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts