Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always wanted a lift and after looking at the cheap junk 4 Sale at Harbor Freight this past Saturday found this website, and as luck would have it, they have a distributor about 60 miles north of me that has one in stock like I want. So I can go pick it up and save a ton on shipping charges making it a bargain.

What does anybody know about Handy lifts? This is the one I am looking at getting. May pick it up tomorrow, Wednesday.

The lift co$t$ $819.00 and the front wheel vise an extra $114.00. Little less than a grand for the lift and front wheel lock.

http://www.handyindustries.com/shop/product_view.asp?idProduct=46&D=0&S=

JJ

·
Registered
373 Posts
I could be mistaken but i think there is another thread where people were talking about getting them for aroung $500 or so. Im sure someone will link you to it. Might be something you want to look into incase you like saving money :)

·
Registered
700 Posts
handy are good lifts. But you will haft to buy a Wheel vice for it and the ramps so buy the time you are done you will have over 1g into it.

There is a company call direct-lift that makes a nice lift for around $600 and it comes with everything you need. That is what i have in my shop and they are great. Heavy though around 400lbs

http://www.directlift.com/procycle.asp

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
handy are good lifts. But you will haft to buy a Wheel vice for it and the ramps so buy the time you are done you will have over 1g into it.

There is a company call direct-lift that makes a nice lift for around $600 and it comes with everything you need. That is what i have in my shop and they are great. Heavy though around 400lbs

http://www.directlift.com/procycle.asp
Interesting, they have a warehouse in Norcross GA about 20 minutes from me.

JJ

·
Registered
107 Posts
Handy lifts are by far the best. Those are what almost all dealerships use, and i'm currently working ontop of one thats 10+ years old.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I bought the least expensive Harbor Freight one last month and put my Condor stand on the front of it. The lift was $ 240.00 on sale now at Harbor Freight and the Condor stand was $ 240.00. I use the Condor in the garage, on my trailer and now on the lift. I was lucky that they opened a Harbor Freight here in Springfield, Mass so I had no shipping.

The lift is a foot pump hydralic one and works great. It is heavy enough steel that it will last a long time and is so handy to use that I save space in the garage now and just park my 10R on it all the time. I can see no reason to spend more money than I did on anything fancier.

·
Registered
107 Posts
It definately depends on how much you're going to use it. If not several times a week then by all means get the cheaper one and use the left over money for zx10 parts. :mrgreen:

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Handy lifts are by far the best. Those are what almost all dealerships use, and i'm currently working ontop of one thats 10+ years old.
Im driving up to Jasper Georgia today to pick up a Handy lift. Im getting this model. It will have the front wheel clamp, but it is not shown in this pix.

JJ

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have been using the one from Harbor Freight for about a year now in my shop with no problems. Besides buy the extended warranty and you should good. The only thing that you may have to replace is the pump but that is what the warranty is for. This is a decent lift and I am pleased with the service that it has gave me.

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just got back from a 120 mile round trip to R & R Trikes in Jasper Georgia. I went ahead and bought the Handy model. I figured I was saving enough in shipping by picking it up local to pay the extra $$$ for the good model. Now just got to figure out how to get it unloaded out of the back of my truck.

Pix later tonite.

R & R Trikes is an interesting bike shop. They take Goldwings and Harleys and convert them into, you guessed of course, Trikes. They had about 10 Brand New ones on the showroom floor, along with some of Handys products on display. Interesting place up in the N Ga. mountains.

JJ

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK, I have decided this is the BEST $900.00 I have ever spent. Unit came completely assembled except for bolting the Front Wheel Vise on. Quality is outstanding. Rarely do I buy something expensive and am later overjoyed with the purchase. This is certainly the case here. Can't wait to try it with the bike on it. Thats later tonight. Here's some pix. JJ

Attachments

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
OK, I have decided this is the BEST $900.00 I have ever spent. Unit came completely assembled except for bolting the Front Wheel Vise on. Quality is outstanding. Rarely do I buy something expensive and am later overjoyed with the purchase. This is certainly the case here. Can't wait to try it with the bike on it. Thats later tonight. Here's some pix. JJ
Ill be awaiting a full review later on tonight :popcorn2:

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ill be awaiting a full review later on tonight :popcorn2:
This HANDY air lift is one of the few things I have ever bought I have been completely satisfied with. It requires very little air volume and works perfectly with the bike on it. I have a small compressor and it went up and down several times on just 60 PSI. I am now ready to spend the winter installing my mods. And the good thing about the lift, when I trade up or sell off the bike, the lift is ready for the new one.

JJ

Attachments

·
Registered
2,976 Posts

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
This HANDY air lift is one of the few things I have ever bought I have been completely satisfied with. It requires very little air volume and works perfectly with the bike on it. I have a small compressor and it went up and down several times on just 60 PSI. I am now ready to spend the winter installing my mods. And the good thing about the lift, when I trade up or sell off the bike, the lift is ready for the new one.

JJ

I have a HANDY Air Lift it will last forever :thumbsup: Mine is over 12yrs old and lifts easy but slow to come down but still works. Also those holes on the side is to mount extensions for ATV vehicles which I have..just not the ATVs :sad: ...bottom line that is a solid lift and will last for a loooooooooooooong time :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts