Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody tried this Tach on their zx10r? I am thinking about getting one, it's got gear indicator (04-07 oem don't have it) and a battery warning light which could be nice too.

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R KRT ABS Edition
680 Posts
Gear indicators don't just magically work on a stock harness. Even an updated harness (if it fits) still won't make the indicator work.
That's how it worked for the CBR1000RRs when I looked intro upgrading the 08-11 dash to the 12+ digital display. Was a simple plug and play w/ new harness but gear indicator was a no-go no matter what. Could be wrong for the ZX... likely not lol.
Looks kind ching-chong-ish though... you sure it'll fit?

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Gear indicators don't just magically work on a stock harness. Even an updated harness (if it fits) still won't make the indicator work.
That's how it worked for the CBR1000RRs when I looked intro upgrading the 08-11 dash to the 12+ digital display. Was a simple plug and play w/ new harness but gear indicator was a no-go no matter what. Could be wrong for the ZX... likely not lol.
Looks kind ching-chong-ish though... you sure it'll fit?
It's a universal tach, it will need custom mount and harness, meaning it is not plug and play.

·
Registered
456 Posts
nope but I'm sure u will try it lol

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just want a gear indicator for my gen1 with out paying an arm and a leg.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_id=114&ipn=icep&toolid=20004&campid=5338101622&mpre=https://www.ebay.com/itm/IDEA-Bike-Gear-Indicator-for-Kawasaki-ZX-6R-ZX-10R-Z1000-ER-6N-ER-6F-Ninja-650R/253623568802?epid=549125605&hash=item3b0d2489a2:g:9R8AAOSw~U5a-jQ0

$45 for pnp gear indicator on ebay, i don't think you're going to find them cheaper than that, not sure what arm and a leg goes now a days:lol:

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Yeah I saw those...says they work for z1000 and not a zx10.

I wanted the GIpro one but just can't bring myself to spend that much just to not search for 7th gear...wish a used one would come on the market, I'd snatch it up.

Nevermind, I found on the link you sent for a zx10r

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Yeah I saw those...says they work for z1000 and not a zx10.

I wanted the GIpro one but just can't bring myself to spend that much just to not search for 7th gear...wish a used one would come on the market, I'd snatch it up.

Nevermind, I found on the link you sent for a zx10r

I thought I was the only one that ever did that. :headshake:

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I saw that one, I offered him $75 for it a little while back and he told me NO WAY in not a nice way...so I didn't want to deal with him.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My current setup. 2010 gauge cluster w/ 08 gear position switch.
Custom wired adapter from 05 harness.
Speedohealer for different pulse

This thing is LEAPS and BOUNDS over the stock tachometer.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts