Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im about to order a shinko 003 u-soft or the new drag tire they have, its a little higher in price, ive seen one in person, feels alot softer and seems to be more flat than the normal 003, just wondering what would be best for a street/strip strecthed 10r that might occasionaly carry a passenger. Ive owned many sets of Drag Radial tires on vehicles so i didnt this would be much different. Just dont want to buy the tire if its too soft for occasional street use.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
if your going to be ridin the bike on the street i would go with the shinko 003 vs shinko hook up. the hook up is going to wear faster on the street but will give you better traction at the track.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
See thats what i was worried about it wearing quick, but i would like to get those 60's down, so i might try it. Which is heavier the 003 or the drag? Also what about turns, will it be ok to ride normally? I dont ride turns hard but i dont go slow either lol.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
See thats what i was worried about it wearing quick, but i would like to get those 60's down, so i might try it. Which is heavier the 003 or the drag? Also what about turns, will it be ok to ride normally? I dont ride turns hard but i dont go slow either lol.
for the $$$ you can't beat the shinko 003. i think that tire will do just fine with wat your tryin to do.

·
Registered
842 Posts
id go with the hookup

·
Registered
318 Posts
I have the hook up, I love the tire,its lighter than a ulstrasoft too. A hook up 190 is about the size of a ultra soft 180

·
Registered
249 Posts
my buddy runs it on his and it seems to hook very well.

·
^^No Bike Bum^^
2,138 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tried it last weekend, the hook up works great!! 1.5 60's!! All day.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts