Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
The stainless headers that I build for race cars with MC motors are stepped and tri-y. Good power and a broad power curve. Not quite as peaky as a 4 into 1. Mostly built on GSXR motors only because those are the most commonly used motor.

·
Late Apex
803 Posts
I know right, you can pick up few pick hp, but most importantly flatter torque curve, would work the best at the track
Are we talking like a header starting out at 1 7/8" , upsizing in the middle to 2" and back down to 1 7/8" ... Isnt this what 2 strokes do .. fatter the expansion the bigger the flow etc etc .. Or you talking b out what they are doing on Drag Cars .. "CARS"

·
Banned
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Talking about a header that starts at 1.5 then expands then shrinks again pending on the engine combo and powerband desired. This is a 3 step header, could also be 2 step.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I had nice gains on an 03 GSXR1000 with Hindles stepped exhaust.

Sorry, I don't remember the exact #'s.

I went back with Akrapovic on every bike after that due to Hindles poor quality.

The #1 header didn't want to seal.

I had to use high temp. silicone on the mid pipe to can because it leaked really bad (the instructions even said too...).

The rivets in the can looked like Sh*t and the overlap didn't lay down very well.

The bleed through on all the welds were awful. I used a dremel to gring them down.

You get what you pay for. I might try a Leo Vince one day, but no more cheap sh*t
for me. Even though it performed well on a dyno, I won't buy another.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts