Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a valid drivers license. for another 40 days at least. :idea: during this time can i move to AZ and get a d.l.?:helmet:

·
Registered
654 Posts
Need a little more info. When I moved here to Phoenix,you can take your current license go to the dmv and they will make you fill out some new forms,take an eye test,and issue you a new one. They will check for dwi's and the like but as long as your current license is not restricted, I don't forsee a problem.

·
Registered
51 Posts
when i moved from CA to PA it was just a matter of paper work and reading letters. As long as its valid you should be fine I'd imagine.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
It all depends on if you're gonna loose your license and what for. When I moved to OK, my NC license was gonna expire and when I tried to get OK license at the DMV, they informed me that my license was suspended for a couple of speeding tickets that I had suppose to received in Louisiana... eventhought I've never been through "da boot." All-in-all it was a case of mistaken identity in the computer system, imagine that. And after making a slew of phone calls to Louisiana's DMV and verifying who I am, they faxed a letter to the OK DMV and everything was squared away. The morale of the story is, beware of the Matrix!!!

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have about 35 days until a suspension will be in effect. what i want to know is if i can go to az (presumably move to) in the mean time and get an az license while i still have a valid ca license.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I don't know about that... the only problem I see is if you get stopped by the po-po, and when they punch your name in their lil computer, if it comes up that your license is suspended, then you're gonna have even bigger problems. Dayum bro... that's gonna suck. How long are they gonna be suspended?

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
6 months is the length of the suspension.

CA, OR, MI, HI, AK, WI, MT are not part of the NRVC (non-resident violator compact) which means that if you get a ticket in one of theese states and are not a resident of that state, that state does not contact your home state. not saying that the ticket will never catch up to you, it might just take a little longer.

so, if i was to drive in CA w/ a AZ lisence, they would not contact AZ for a ticket, or anything else i believe.

·
Registered
591 Posts
nope, you won't be able to get a license. states do talk to each other about these things. trust me...i know :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts