Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Got my wife the Shine On Box set for her birthday one year. I also have an album called Us and Them. It is an orchestra playing Pink Floyd. It's different, but pretty cool.

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
okie said:
Dark side of the moon.
The Wall.

great albums, imo

OK, why are those your favorites? No doubt, almost everything PF does is outstanding, but I'm curious why some people pick certain albums/songs over others. Some songs resonate with the listener more than others.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
I'd never really listened to PF (except for radio staples like The Wall and Money) until late 2004 when I met a great girl who is a huge fan. We spent so much time together until my deployment in Jan 05 that I got to be pretty familiar with, and started to really enjoy most of PF. My favourite is a tough call, but probably "Shine on You Crazy Diamond". On a sad note, she and I no longer see each other but whenever I hear a PF song I think of her.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I love Pink Floyd!!!! their best album IMO is animals......but I like listening to echoes cause it has all their staple songs.....my fav song to hear is Wish You Were Here...mainly cause the sound quality of my car stereo is at a level above majority of stereos....

·
Administrator
6,706 Posts
gpz1100 said:
The album or the song? Why your favorite?
:dontknow: got the album when I was younger, I think when it came out. Just one of those albums that you never get tired of, at least for me. Animals is pretty good also. I was in 7th or 8th grade when The Wall came out and a few of the singles were on our juke box in the lunch room. Pretty cool because when ever someone would play Part 2 the whole lunch room would scream the lyrics.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Dark side of the moon track 4 i think. The one where the girl just sings the whole song wordless.

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
The WHOLE Animals CD is tha shiznit! Dogs is the best song. I play that shit and my dogs go flippin crazy lookin at the speakers... twisting their heads... it's hilrious!

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
LIME TIME said:
Got my wife the Shine On Box set for her birthday one year. I also have an album called Us and Them. It is an orchestra playing Pink Floyd. It's different, but pretty cool.

I have that orchestral PF.....pretty sweet.....

one I like better is that orchestra that re-does TOOL songs....that's bad-arse...

·
Registered
207 Posts
One of my faves is "Comfortably Numb", but it just got one upped by "Wish You Were Here", but that makes me cry because all I can think about is my recently lost daugter, so then I go find the requisite chemicals to become "Comfortably Numb" all over again.

Dr. said it is a bad cycle I am in...I said No, it is a bad-ASS cycle I am ON and go ride the 10...hard.

"we've got a blind date with destiny, and it looks like she ordered the lobster."

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
deputydog95 said:
great stuff. it's all good. i feel fortunate that i actually got to see them in concert a number of years ago.
shiot!!!!

you reminded me of when i went to see them at mile high stadium(denver april 88) and was sooo fuggen drunk, that i lost my wallet, my ride home(cheyenne, wyo), got in a fight with some guys, ran til i puked, tried to break into a garage to sleep(fuggin cold in april),ended up being a shiotty burglar, spent the night in a 7-11 drinking coffee (free, he was a vet and liked me) then called a friend to get me home in time for work the next afternoon....

AND I DIDNT REMEMBER A FUGGEN BIT OF THE CONCERT!!!

oh yeah,...favorites... dark side, ummagumma(for wierd factor) and the wall(but not at first, had to grow on me)...

·
PostWhore
13,496 Posts
any of you dudes ever played PF along with the Wizard of Oz to see if it really coincides? Or is that made up?

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
BadAzzGuitarPlyr said:
any of you dudes ever played PF along with the Wizard of Oz to see if it really coincides? Or is that made up?
Never done it, supposed to be true. Start album on Second roar from mgm lion at start of movie.

Too many good PF songs to name one.

Shine on, wish you were here, comfortably numb just too many-The best thing is that you can just let their albums play from start to finish because they flow so well.

I made it to the Momentary Lapse of reason concert at the orange bowl here in Miami 1988.
Our show was the one when the pig blew up durring rehersal- so we got no pig. (Simpsons used that as a bit once.)
It rained and many people left. We had dressed for rain and stayed- it was awesome, maybe even better with the light mist of rain.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts