Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
La Flama Blanca
7,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been posting on here for a while now, and over the last couple of months (since all the drama) there is noticably less and less trafic on the site.
I surf the site by hitting the "new posts" button 99% of the time and there are definately less and less new posts every day. maybe it is just that time of the year, or we are just going through a "phase" but it can't be ignored.

Just thought I would bring it up, I miss all the interaction:sad:

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I agree with you on this one.:thumbsup: I know the redundancy around here wore alot of us out.

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
I hear ya man. I noticed it myself, I am on the site just about everyday lately. I mostly hang in the outhouse, lately I have more fun getting to know people and I help with tech stuff when I can. I think the holidays combined with the economy might be having an effect on the site. People are usually really busy around the holidays and with the crappy economy its compounding people's problems.

That and a lot of tech threads are getting repetitive too, I hate to say it but almost everything that someone wants to do has been done by somebody else. Not that I mind answering questions anyone might have about something if I can but some people find it irritating and jump on people "use the search".

I still enjoy it and quite a few others do too! More will come, some will stay, and some will leave but we will always have our bikes in common :eek:ccasion1

·
La Flama Blanca
7,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe the fact that its out of riding season for like half the country? And the rhetorical questions all the fawking time. Happens to all of the motored vehicle enthusiasts forums.

Seemed like last year anyway, there was more traffic during the winter, cause guys could not go and ride so they posted more.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I hear ya man. I noticed it myself, I am on the site just about everyday lately. I mostly hang in the outhouse, lately I have more fun getting to know people and I help with tech stuff when I can. I think the holidays combined with the economy might be having an effect on the site. People are usually really busy around the holidays and with the crappy economy its compounding people's problems.

That and a lot of tech threads are getting repetitive too, I hate to say it but almost everything that someone wants to do has been done by somebody else. Not that I mind answering questions anyone might have about something if I can but some people find it irritating and jump on people "use the search".

I still enjoy it and quite a few others do too! More will come, some will stay, and some will leave but we will always have our bikes in common :eek:ccasion1
:+1:

I think there was more action when there was drama only :badteeth:

I will see if I can get Rich to do a bump up on the Contest section and add a special NEW Mod to take care of that. :wink:

...but will say this give it time when old members leave new one's with new personalities come in and can always spark a site if not turned away from the beginning. :cool:

·
La Flama Blanca
7,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe we can add to this some of our members ideas (brainstorming!) on what we can do to make the site better, I mean Kawasaki is making beter bikes than ever, and selling more for that matter, we should be (and can be) stronger than ever. ZX-10R.net can definately maintain status as the PREMIER kawasaki site on the net. The craptastic Kawiforums (250 central) can't compare to the best! I refuse to jumpship to that squidfest.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Maybe we can add to this some of our members ideas (brainstorming!) on what we can do to make the site better, I mean Kawasaki is making beter bikes than ever, and selling more for that matter, we should be (and can be) stronger than ever. ZX-10R.net can definately maintain status as the PREMIER kawasaki site on the net. The craptastic Kawiforums (250 central) can't compare to the best! I refuse to jumpship to that squidfest.
9R I respect you and you know that but lets be honest....this is a ZX10R Forum DOMINANT and believe because of our past and current members we may be the culprit of our own success.

Meaning we deal with 10Rs period as a priority not like other sites and this site does such a great job to give out that information that is needed that you don't even need to post anymore just use the search button...the 08 10R is if you will the last to explore until 2010. :wink:

If we can expand the Focus to the other Ninjas it may become the best some day but this site is not even making a profit with one NINJA....maybe because it's called zx-10r.net or zx10r.com :wink:

·
Registered
361 Posts
Well I have to say I am busier than hell lately and I know I have less time to enjoy all that the site has to offer. I work retail and this is go time for us so I know that between work and family and second job there isn't much free time. Hey how about we stir up the hive and get into some debates about sports religions and politics................. that should at leeast keep the outhouse going strong !

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
tis the season, you have to minus a good majority of snow birds and sissy's due to the weather. its like people who quit smoking, they'll be back

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
i agree. it all happened around the time of BD's separation, my last ban and the election. it doesnt feel the same.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
I joined the site a little more than a year ago after I got my 10. I was a:lurk: 'er for the longest time until I decided to start doing some mods. This is by far the most informative forum and in fact was drawn back to the site when the drama was brought up in another forum. I have been reading a lot of the old threads and there is so much good info, just not enough time to read it all. Most of the old members have been there and done that and I for one am glad I found the site so I can read and learn. :eek:ccasion1 to everyone for having the best forum.

Just reread my post and I cannot believe how :gay: it sounds...I am heading to the bathroom to :throwup:
Seriously though...this forum ROCKS!!! :deathmeta:

·
FEELING LUCKY, PUNK ?
5,738 Posts
It should be normal during winter time as people are setting their bikes aside in storage.
Workload for most companies should be higher esp now that its xmas season. Companies will need to work 2x as hard because a certain percentage of their workforce are sure to be off during the holidays.

so people dont have time to go online, theyre just busy.

now wait for spring... this forum will be overflowing again... just think about new members coming.

·
Registered
192 Posts
How can you tell if your chain is 2 tight when you adjust it?
I have noticed the rear suspension rides alot stiffer over bumps
and my power seems down a little.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I don't know if it has to do with the drama, but I have noticed more and more squids lately......:lol:

·
formerly GHOST RIDER
2,132 Posts
i agree. it all happened around the time of BD's separation, my last ban and the election. it doesnt feel the same.
Did know you got banned..anyways HAHA!! LOL..I notice traffic has been slow here also.I think because of all the but hurting that was going on..I mean you don't really know who you can joke with anymore..:dontknow:..Now that it's winter and I have alot of projects to show you guy/gal..I'll be a photo whore and for sale section whore..

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
for what it is worht, i am fairly new to this site. i was lurking around for a while too vanilla. i think that of all the forums i frequent, this is by far the best. i really like the diversity between all the different threads. the people for the most part are quite knowledgeable, and seem to have a good sense of humor as well. i did miss the drama but i never pay attention to that crap anyway. as far as becoming repetative with the new members posting threads that have already been covered, i know this gets aggravating sometimes. soem people dont feel like you are answering "thier" question when they dont post it. i used the search engine some here when i found the site. mostly i just read the posts and try to add to it if i feel like i have something worth saying, or even have a smarta$$ comment to throw out. to point is, everyone was new to m/c one time, we were not overnite experts, nor to i consider myself one now. i have been around a while and gladly give any advice i can i think may help someone. helps them figure out a problem they have, or simply attempt them from making the same mistakes i have over the years. i too am guilty of poking fun of people about the bikes that are all stretched out and wear half helmets. but i love all motorcyles and aspects of riding them. thas what gives us our indiviuality, we customize our bikes th eway we want. i try to do my uprgades based on either going faster, stopping better, handling and asthetics take a backseat. i think this is a great source of information, i am haivng to learn most things about my bike from you guys, as this is my first kawi and first liter bike for that matter.
as far as improvemnats go, i really like the newbies pplease read section fo rnew owners and memnbers. i would like to see a forum on like a perfomance mod guideline. like say someone just bought a new bike, what are the first mod(improvemants) can this person make. and that they be real world improvemants that the average guy will appreciate, and have something to build on. i am a member of a diesel truck forum that has something similar to this. that way when i was a diesel newbie, before i started modding my truck, i did not kill it and did things in the correct order to get the most from each mod. makes sense i think? example: buy "good gear" helmet,jacket,gloves. then learn your bikes perfomance and handling characteristcs. when you are ready, here are the beginning steps to start upgrading your bike-brake lines/pads, synthetic fluids-brake and engine. exhaust-fuel management,etc. so i know this might sound lame or repetative, but it kills me to see someone(new owner) dropping bank on making thier bike go faster, when they wear shorts flip flops and a t-shirt riding. everyone is not an experienced rider on here, and have not busted thier a$$ yet. that where the learn from me kicks in. sorry if this is off topic or too long, i kinda got off on a rant. bottom line this site is great and has a lot of potential. just maybe if some of you guys agree, we acan start something like this? just some food for thought

1 - 20 of 35 Posts