Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys just wondering if anybody on here can or no a company who cut forks internal ? im wantin to get mine done since its winter and got the bike tore down any help or info will be appreciated.

·
Registered
53 Posts
hey guys just wondering if anybody on here can or no a company who cut forks internal ? im wantin to get mine done since its winter and got the bike tore down any help or info will be appreciated.
trac dynamics does i think. i know mcintosh does for sure.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,373 Posts
To get your bike lower. A lot of front forks can only slide through the triples so far because they're tapered. You cut them internally and you can lower much more.
:+1: Typically it's done this way for the dragstrip. It does have it's limitations though as the reduced spring length will limit suspension travel. There's no change in the spring rate, just a reduction in length. Meaning you will bottom out the forks much sooner.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To get your bike lower. A lot of front forks can only slide through the triples so far because they're tapered. You cut them internally and you can lower much more.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
you sir are correct :heyyou::thumbsup:

·
Registered
14 Posts

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
Thanks man!

I had to shim my gsxr b/c i could only lower the front a little over 1/2". First time at the track, i launched and the clipon slipped on me. talk about a pucker factor, so i had to tighten it and it never did it again but was always in the back of my head.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Two wheels works do them for 150 i believe and they can anadize them to if u wanna go broke lol
hey matt thx for the headsup :thumbsup: anadize would be sweet man but dont wanna break da bank :lol:

·
Registered
416 Posts
u can hit up seanc he is a member here check his posts he has a link at the bottom of his title....i think he does them for $80+ shipping....

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks man!

I had to shim my gsxr b/c i could only lower the front a little over 1/2". First time at the track, i launched and the clipon slipped on me. talk about a pucker factor, so i had to tighten it and it never did it again but was always in the back of my head.
got a buddy with a k7 had this happen at the track talkin about crapin on yourself :lol: he tighten his down and still had the same problem till he shim the forks he was good to go then.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
u can hit up seanc he is a member here check his posts he has a link at the bottom of his title....i think he does them for $80+ shipping....
ok cool man... i'll send him pm hopefully he can hook me up :wink:

·
Registered
416 Posts
or if you know how to take your forks apart yourself hit up "mrbzx7" and cut your own..not very hard...

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
or if you know how to take your forks apart yourself hit up "mrbzx7" and cut your own..not very hard...
yea i no how to take them off but never cut them before goin to let somebody more experience do that :lol: dont wanna fk anything up :wink:

·
Registered
416 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yeah they make a bolt in cartridge assembly SLAMMERZ are available in (2 inch) or (3 inch) lowering versions and, limit your travel to 1.5 inches $299.95
I would Avoid Trac Dynamics at all cost if I were you. I ordered a set of these “slammerz”and was given the run around until it was past the time my bank could refund my money and now its been almost 6 months. This guy named Dave is supposedly the owner and if that’s the case is completely the opposite of a good customer savvy business man. They completely lack customer service. I literally call and leave messages almost everyday and have yet to receive a call back. When I did get a hold of “Dave” a few months ago which I actually called from a blocked number and he answered, I told him what my bank told me to tell him that the only way im going to get my money back is to sue him and he laughed in my ear. Still waiting for a response...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts