Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for a new set of cams for my 10 the bike if totaly apart right now getting painted and frame powder coated. So i would like to do all the engine work i can right now. I want the bike to make 200 hp at the rear tire N/A anyone that can help me find parts or info on getting cams and stuff that would be great. Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
200 horsepower normally aspirated is a mighty lofty goal when starting from a production engine if you are going to stay (near) stock displacement and redline.

If you stick with stock redline you'll have to make 81 lb.ft of torque at 13,000 rpm redline in order to do it. 80 lb.ft of torque per litre of displacement is pushing the limits of what's normally possible using pump gasoline fuel and no forced induction or chemical trickery.

MotoGP bikes are pushing 220 horsepower or thereabouts (exact details are not available) but they're revving to somewhere near 16,000 rpm. If peak power occurs at redline, that's 72 lb.ft of torque at 16,000 rpm. Peak torque will be more than that at somewhat lower revs. Those engines have nothing to do with production engines ...

AMA or World Superbikes are more like 180 horsepower. That requires 72 lb.ft at 13,000 rpm - that's still a big increase over stock, but it's within the realm of possibility.

You'll need not only cams, but also whatever it's gonna take to make the bottom end survive it ...

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
yams are sweet

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
62.4 lbs/ft at 12500(revlimiter according to dyno) on mine so quite abit of difference 10lbs/ft would make.

thats alot of $$$ to get those numbers stated by gofaster

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
62.4 lbs of yams? thats a whole lotta yams man

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
I think I'd terd myself with that much power. I wish I had a bit more power, but I dont want the rear tire breaking loose on me all the time.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
miykl said:
Do it, do it, do it!!!!
I'll probably wait until I'm ready for oversized pistons. If I do the 3300 upgrade, I'll still need new cams to compensate for the overbore I plan to do in a few years. That won't happen until the newer bikes get more powerful. $5,300 is cheaper than buying a new liter bike. If I'm not satified with a 185hp, and front and rear Ohlins, there is something wrong with me. Watch me eat those words in a few years.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Ya think!! but i'm guessin theres already somethin wrong. :wink:

BD

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
SP8 said:
If I'm not satified with a 185hp, and front and rear Ohlins, there is something wrong with me. Watch me eat those words in a few years.:mrgreen:
I think we've all eaten those words at some point (just lower hp #'s). I rememer when I said I would never ever get rid of my TLS b/c I couldn't use it to it's full potential.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
I think both Harry and BD need to take a break from posting for a while.

Both of them have been very much less than helpful lately.

Come on guys, dont just waste bandwith for no purpose at all.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts