Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not even got to race anybody yet.I see alot of wins just haven't seen many losses(that is a good thang).Somebody has to have some stories of being beaten.I seen the supra beat the ten and the cbr 1000rr but that is it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
In a word...Yes

There have been some ZX10 losses but you never hear about them. Selective memory from the 'bleed green' camp!

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
The "bleed green" selective memory is not as bad as the "bleed blue" selective reality where wins are claimed when one of the "duels" is a situation where both riders don't know they are racing and the other "duel" is where the ZX10 rider stated moments before that his bike isn't broken in and he is not running it hard. But I guess when you are desparate for a "victory" you will claim anything.

It is funny that a challange on the R1 forum to 02silver went unanswered. The "black" bike will now run his bike beyond 8000 rpm. Who knows, the result might be the same. But then you can really claim something. Or not.

02silver, I will conceed that you are a better rider than I am but your "victories" are hollow and I am really disappointed that you would try this BS. Maybe I misjudged what kind of person you really are. You must really need reassurance that you bought the right bike. I immediately noticed the change in your attitude when you almost took out Mike, when you tried to stuff your bike under his in a corner while we were out on a friendly ride.

OK 02silver, now you can start your little mantra about "bleed green" riders making excuses.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Zeta Xray

I never saw the post on the R1 Forum and I surely wasn't EVER going to mention anyone's name on any board...

I wasn't talking about anything particular above except that a lot of people pick and choose which versions of stories they relay...not just on this board of course. Find my reply about the beating someone 4/5 then they only talk about the one for instance.

As far as talking about character on the websites...read each and every one of your posts on this board, check how long we've both been members, and then ask yourself about character.

Your one of my friends and if you read every post of mine on any board (Same name on all of them except the ZRX) you will not find me mentioning anything untrue or ever mentioning any individuals especially in the negative.

I've beat on R1's, ZRX's 600's, ZX9's and others with the FZ1 and lost to a R6, Clay's TL1000, D's FZ1 and others...it's the game and I can accept that...but I don't think you can. You really don't know that much about me...I'd suggest you research a little.

Bleed Blue???
I've owned or own 5 Kawasakis (Z1R, ZRX1100, 1200, ZX9R, KLR650), 1 Honda (Superhawk), 3 Yamaha's (FZ1, R6, R1) and 1 Suzuki (I was the owner of that "highly modified Suzuki Hayabusa that's never been beat") all in the last 4 years.

I like motorcycles and fast cars and very nearly bought a ZX10 myself but I chose to not have the latest and greatest because everyone expects 'it' to do the job.

As far as the front straight at TWS is concerned...read your post on racing the 04 R1 and seeing the elbow drop...same thing. I outweigh you by at least 60#'s BTW and D never passed you down the straight so I assume you weren't coasting BUT I NEVER posted any smack about that on here and only mentioned the occurance in an abstract post on the R1 Forum WITHOUT NAMES, dates, or even the place.

I really don't care if I have the fastest bike or not which is why I sold the Busa to Ed and bought the FZ1. I just get amused with your posts on here. I've got lot's of years of racing in my past and learned long ago there is ALWAYS someone with a faster car, bike, boat or anything else.

If it is important, pull my parts off of Mike's R1 in your garage and send them to me through D or E this week and I'll get my bike down there. I won't be able to ride it because of the clavicle (might have to get operated on again BTW) but it hasn't been ridden since TWS because I can't ride and you still have my axle nut and hardware.

It really won't matter in the end anyway because no one bike is best in all situations (one can just keep changing the game until the desired output is achieved) but I didn't make the wrong choice for me because I didn't take the dealer hit, which allows me a lot of flexibility to sell and buy again if I get the urge.

I have no ill feelings for you or anything else so I don't understand the total outbreak in your post in here...flaming away.

If my attitude has changed any in your presence, it's due to your posts regarding the other bikes and riders in your group...

This kind of crap actually does piss me off (as opposed to being amused)and if you want me to drop out of your 'group' and let you be a legend in your own mind then so be it.

Richard

·
Registered
354 Posts
sabersaw30 said:
I have not even got to race anybody yet.I see alot of wins just haven't seen many losses(that is a good thang).Somebody has to have some stories of being beaten.I seen the supra beat the ten and the cbr 1000rr but that is it.
I got beat by an 03 R1 (decked out with Graves stuff) We did a roll-on in 2nd at 20 mph and he pulled me right away! I didn't shift or anything, I just backed off at around 8000.

I thought we were just foolin around when he gave me the 2nd gear roll-on sign while riding down the road, I was not aware it was for braggin rights! None the less he beat me and now he has the right to post it anywhere he wants, However as I stated on the R1 forum, I'd like a rematch and I'd like him to run me my way this time as I did it his way the last time!

:cool:

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
I had a guy on a 03 R1 take me going up Palomar, he had allot more skills than me and had on all leathers but I tried to stay with him, until I was dragging toe all over the place ( no leathers yet) so I was pleased with myself, the guy was a great rider none of his friends could get me though :)

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
I lost to a guy on a Busa. A 40 mph roll on. We had a hard time getting "synched" on the start and we both were getting on and off the throttle trying to get together. It was my fault, I am a rookie at this and he has done it numerous times. I think he finally just let me go. When we finally did get going I had a little advantage, which I held until I hit the rev limiter (top of 3rd, I think). When I hit the limiter it startled me because I had never hit the limiter before and it took me a few heartbeats to figure out that I had not blown up the bike. He immediately started to pull me and he passed me at 155 indicated. I knew that I was dead meat at that time and backed off. I don't think that particular Busa has ever been defeated and I became another one of it's many victims.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Fun in the Sun

For those of you wondering, it's an inside joke about the 'highly modded Busa' among some of us. (Yosh RS3, PC2, & Air Box Flapper Mod)

Poky,
You have a place anytime to play some more :) (I finally saw your R1 post). I can't race first gear only to 100, as you know, but some good old fashioned 1/4 mile from a stop is just the ticket or a Friday night in Seguin would really be the right way to go (Instant green or Pro Tree even better). I'd say to take them just like we ride them everyday (no straps, gear changes, air shifters, lowering links, or sliding the forks in the triples) but however you would prefer is OK.

Zeta,
Sounds like you can handle the Zuki up to 160 anyway. I'll see if I can get him to go to south for some good old fashioned dead stop 1/4 mile action since roll ons are too complicated. I might be getting the second operation this week so I'll have to see about bringing the 'highly modded 03 R1' or not. I'll let David or Ed ride it though if you want to ride north (just bring my parts from Mike's R1)...I don't think it'll be in reverse like all of the other liter bikes in your group...see your posts :eek:

·
Registered
354 Posts
Re: Fun in the Sun

02Silver said:
For those of you wondering, it's an inside joke about the 'highly modded Busa' among some of us. (Yosh RS3, PC2, & Air Box Flapper Mod)

Poky,
You have a place anytime to play some more :) (I finally saw your R1 post). I can't race first gear only to 100, as you know, but some good old fashioned 1/4 mile from a stop is just the ticket or a Friday night in Seguin would really be the right way to go (Instant green or Pro Tree even better). I'd say to take them just like we ride them everyday (no straps, gear changes, air shifters, lowering links, or sliding the forks in the triples) but however you would prefer is OK.

When you're all healed up we can play! Get well soon!

Zeta,
Sounds like you can handle the Zuki up to 160 anyway. I'll see if I can get him to go to south for some good old fashioned dead stop 1/4 mile action since roll ons are too complicated. I might be getting the second operation this week so I'll have to see about bringing the 'highly modded 03 R1' or not. I'll let David or Ed ride it though if you want to ride north (just bring my parts from Mike's R1)...I don't think it'll be in reverse like all of the other liter bikes in your group...see your posts :eek:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, we've been friends a long time and let's keep it that way. We've had too many good times together to let a little brand loyalty get between us. [smilie=3: We all love bikes, speed and racing. Speaking of racing, why don't we just get together and do a little of that. Some 1/4 mile drag racing would be a blast. Back roads or Sequin, either way. I challenge all of you! (to have more fun than me). I'd rather race than eat, any day. I know that the FZ1 doesn't stand a chance against your "highly modified" and far superior equipment, but if I can just nail one hole-shot, I can brag about beating one of you in a 60-foot drag race. :shock: :) Let's do it!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Re: Zeta Xray

02Silver said:
Your one of my friends

I have no ill feelings for you or anything else

Richard
I have no ill feelings as stated above and meant what I said.

I will look forward to some good 1/4 mile action especially in Baytown or Seguin.

I talked to the Dr while ago and it may be October the way I'm going but at least we won't burn up in the leathers. I will get operated on again Wednesday as of this morning conversation. Heal time will depend on about three things like rebreak, pulled down with a new plate or if neither of those can be done (he says it depends on the state of healing) pull the bent plate and live with the bulge (hopefully not as it's about the same as the way it looked when I broke it).

Greg,
I will let you know that if I wasn't bothered with the 2nd surgery (the frustration of not getting on the bike yesterday and riding south for instance) that maybe your posts wouldn't have irritated me as bad but again I never made any posts or E Mails claiming a victory other than the abstract R1 post.

If you read it again you will see that I never said that I wasn't impressed with the 04's (any of them). The dude was wanting to know if he should unload his high modded 02 in favor of the new ones. IMO that wouldn't be the thing to do. If his bike had been one generation older then maybe yes...that's all.

To tell you the truth, that day in Woodboro, I didn't have all of my Graves crap on the bike and had the full tankbag and even my baggie BMW riding gear on...I really wasn't in the conditions I wanted to be in, to play with any 04's.

Anyway, I'll look forward to some fall action after I heal up. Hopefully the 10's will still be somewhat stock by then.

Truce.

Richard

·
Registered
354 Posts
1bluefz1 said:
Hey guys, we've been friends a long time and let's keep it that way. We've had too many good times together to let a little brand loyalty get between us. [smilie=3: We all love bikes, speed and racing. Speaking of racing, why don't we just get together and do a little of that. Some 1/4 mile drag racing would be a blast. Back roads or Sequin, either way. I challenge all of you! (to have more fun than me). I'd rather race than eat, any day. I know that the FZ1 doesn't stand a chance against your "highly modified" and far superior equipment, but if I can just nail one hole-shot, I can brag about beating one of you in a 60-foot drag race. :shock: :) Let's do it![/quote]

Hey! I know that guy! Lets go play! I am rusting here :D My tires are dry rotting :(

·
Registered
27 Posts
Poky,

If we go before I'm able to ride, I'll take the R1 just to let some of you put some heat in it. Nothing worse on equipment than sitting around.

RC

·
Registered
354 Posts
There is always somebody willing to warm it up for ya! But we can wait for your recovery!

Hey maybe I should ride it, Ya know, Just so I know what I'm up against. :D :D
:cool:

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,577 Posts
at first i was getting a lot of folks, but once i got the factory exhaust i lost back i could feel the difference, and ive raced guys my size, althou they had moded up gixxers and r1s.

havent lost bad, side by side they just a lil further ahead, oh yea these crazy ass fools got ride of there leathers talking about gaining 10mphs with no drag!!! Crazy :eek:

we all warn them every freking day we ride, but now that they dont wear jakets they have been beating or right up with the pack, all they need is a tighter fiting jacket, once i got the 10 the extra mph over 160 made a difference in my JR velocity jacket, just got a JR speedmaster and its a night and day difference in airflow, big hump helps smooth the air out behind my head.

but my boys should at leat wear armour under there tee's...we got them to consider getting some..shit im so scared i want to buy it for them my self......but then that would take foodout of my babies (zx10R) mouth. lol
wishing for the best.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
If you beat the King 10R you have the right to brag, at least until you race it again. 'Nuff said!

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Vonstallin said:
at first i was getting a lot of folks, but once i got the factory exhaust i lost back i could feel the difference, and ive raced guys my size, althou they had moded up gixxers and r1s.

havent lost bad, side by side they just a lil further ahead, oh yea these crazy ass fools got ride of there leathers talking about gaining 10mphs with no drag!!! Crazy :eek:

we all warn them every freking day we ride, but now that they dont wear jakets they have been beating or right up with the pack, all they need is a tighter fiting jacket, once i got the 10 the extra mph over 160 made a difference in my JR velocity jacket, just got a JR speedmaster and its a night and day difference in airflow, big hump helps smooth the air out behind my head.

but my boys should at leat wear armour under there tee's...we got them to consider getting some..shit im so scared i want to buy it for them my self......but then that would take foodout of my babies (zx10R) mouth. lol
wishing for the best.
I hear ya Von. Sometimes you wish you could makes desicions for people that arent smart enough, or haven't seen what can happen even in low speed crashes w/o pretection. If they crash WFO in a teeshirt they are as good as dead, or will wish they were. [smilie=B:

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,577 Posts
Louks03 said:
Vonstallin said:

wishing for the best.
I hear ya Von. Sometimes you wish you could makes desicions for people that arent smart enough, or haven't seen what can happen even in low speed crashes w/o pretection. If they crash WFO in a teeshirt they are as good as dead, or will wish they were. [smilie=B:[/quote]

funny thing is (well not so funny) one of the guys crashed in january and was in a coma for close to a week, pulled through, still no leathers on then but winter coat to most of the abrassion.

when the season started they both had on coasts as time went on and they constantly was in the rear of the pack they ditched the flappy jacket parachutes and went stunt dvd style.. short and long sleeve tee's...thats another thing they wearing t'ss doing long wheelies and endo's.....Im so cool with them i really dont want to see no more bad shit happen but hey at 30 + or - years old they know what they is right and wrong.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts