Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys just wonderin if anybody here used barnett clutch exspecially there friction plates if so how did you like them and are they good for dragracing ?

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Cant say for drag racing, but ran the barnett kits in my 954 and 1st gen and I personally loved them. Felt much crisper and had a little tighter clutch pull. For me they were great and lasted well. Mostly aggressive street riding, some stunting, and a few track days and drag stip days.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cant say for drag racing, but ran the barnett kits in my 954 and 1st gen and I personally loved them. Felt much crisper and had a little tighter clutch pull. For me they were great and lasted well. Mostly aggressive street riding, some stunting, and a few track days and drag stip days.
cool... how many miles did you get out of them ? did use oem steel plates or theres ?

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
never never run barnetts from what i have heard.

the fibers wear out out and clog up your pick up and starve the bike of oil

drag pack or race pack all day

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
And thats why I said right off I didnt drag race, I know they are two totally different kinds of abuse.

But to answer your question I bought the whole kit, plates, fibers, springs. I got 20k miles out of the one on my 954 and still going when I sold it (oe clutch lasted me 40k). The kit in my first gen I only had in there for about 5k miles before I sold it.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
I put one in my 95 cbr900rr back in the day, didn't drag race it that much, clutch material clogged up my pick up and one of the main bearings said bye bye, I learned my lesson when I pulled the pick up and saw all the clutch material there.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
never never run barnetts from what i have heard.

the fibers wear out out and clog up your pick up and starve the bike of oil

drag pack or race pack all day
yea i did some searching man im def sticking with oem or dragpak :lol:

i run nothing but drag packs
thats wat im runnin now and its been workin great but found a guy local sellin a new barnett clutch cheap but ima order new dragpak when this one ever goes out.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And thats why I said right off I didnt drag race, I know they are two totally different kinds of abuse.

But to answer your question I bought the whole kit, plates, fibers, springs. I got 20k miles out of the one on my 954 and still going when I sold it (oe clutch lasted me 40k). The kit in my first gen I only had in there for about 5k miles before I sold it.
thats pretty good mileage but im lookin for clutch that will take some abuse and last but after the research and evrybody sayin there clutch is junk i think ima stay where im at man

I put one in my 95 cbr900rr back in the day, didn't drag race it that much, clutch material clogged up my pick up and one of the main bearings said bye bye, I learned my lesson when I pulled the pick up and saw all the clutch material there.
thats eactly some of the research i came up with man. some reported after 1 track day there clutch was toasted and some stated like you that there pickup was cloged and caused internal damage and i def dont need that to happen :lol: but thx for the info.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Yep, they are terrible. The fiber material is so soft its ridiculous, if you compare them side by side to OEM or Dragpak you can see just how bad they are...

They make good springs though.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep, they are terrible. The fiber material is so soft its ridiculous, if you compare them side by side to OEM or Dragpak you can see just how bad they are...

They make good springs though.
yea thats wat ive heard man but your right they do make some good springs im runnin set now :wink:

·
Registered
795 Posts
ya i had one in my zx9r, i took it out after 2k miles to inspect and the frictions were coming apart.. i drag raced the bike though

1 - 14 of 14 Posts