Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am new to these types of schools. Anybody know anything about this outfit? I would like to learn some track skills. I am never going to officially race, but would like to learn some basic track type skills. Recommendations in the Pacific Northwest? I have several thousand miles on sports bikes (ZX-10R/ZX-14) and am very comfortable on them, but have never really done any track stuff. :cool:

http://www.sullivanraceschool.com/class.htm

Thanks for the help.

Black Stig

·
Registered
813 Posts
That is Mike Sullivan's school, and he is probably the fastest guy in Washington (and has been for many, many years). He holds (or regains) the track records within driving distance. Give him a call, he is a very nice guy. However, I haven't done his school (but I have heard good things). I have done the 2Fast and Puget Sound Safety days here in Washington. 2Fast has a positive reputation, however my last day with them (about 3 years ago) they had 17 wrecks in one day. Puget Sound Safety isn't open trackdays, but instead a riding skill school held at the track. I have attended all of their days and had a great time. The biggest differences are Puget Sound Safety limits straightaway speed (depends on which group and if others are on the straightaway) and they don't allow any passing in corners (whereas open trackdays usually only restrict passing in the lowest group). Hopefully this helps. PM me if you have other specific questions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts