Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend who lives in Springfield ,Tenn who is a majician with carbon fiber..His occupation is faburcating drag boats..I was at a boat race when I dropped my bike in some wet grass :dontknow: and he told me he could make my complete bike out of carbon fiber..I saw a web site posted on another thread.www.oppracing.com and saw the prices on this stuff.. :eyecrazy: ..My uncle has a 9 sec outboard Allison drag boat and he hooked me up with this guy..I'm fixing to tear my bike down and he is gonna get started..He is gonna do my complete bike and wants me to exploit his work...this will take some time but if any of you are interested please don't forget this thread because he will already have a MOLD for our beautiful 04 ZX-10R"s...Getting the mold formed is the trick the from then it's repaticous..However I plan to make some minor alterations...Customizing stuff with carbon fiber is limitless...Just go to the web site I've posted and look at the prices on the carbon fiber...

·
Registered
402 Posts
Id buy a CF windscreen! Seriously, that would be awesome!

Stock shape...to make it easier. None of that bubble crap.

-Frank

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
i would go for a CF double bubble screen, rear hugger and front fender and sides

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
If the prices are reasonable, I'd be interested in some nice CF goodies :)

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
I would totaly go for some racing body work. Super lite!!

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
I'd like a carbon lower and fenders

·
Registered
122 Posts
Can he do other materials than CF? I might be in the market for some cheap bodywork that I won't worry about getting scraped up...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I failed to mention that I can get the carbon fiber weaves in all different colors..Noen green,Blue,Orange,Yellow.ect

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I need to know ya'lls preference on the front fender???Price-wise the two black sides will be more affordable and if you own a blue,orange,green,or black if you get the weave to match I think it will look HOT....However,The whole fender can be made with no lines...I'm tearing my bike down this weekend...My man is gonna start with making the two pices on the front fender,windshield,the two sides under the seat,rear fender,chain guard,and the whole lower...As soon as I can get PICS I will get them posted...Pricing has not been determined.Until we find out how much time is involved we can't quote yet,BUT he told me we could beat 18% off OPP's pricing!!!!!

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Good Man Kawiman! can't wait to see this stuff.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I'd be all over that! I was looking at importing stuff from Japan. There's a company called A-Tech that does all the CF goodies. Here's some pics of their stuff:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Yeah I called the dealer for A-Tech and if people want to save over 18%+ with opp theres no way in hell there going to look at buying A-Tech stuff. It is beautiful, but for that price I can buy a small honda civic.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Sexcellent...I had something splash up on the underside of mine that won't come off...probably a brake fluid spit or something /shrug. A CF screen would be a nice replacement :D

-Frank

·
Registered
458 Posts
I was thinking huggers and the ram air duct,front fender,belly pan and the little flat black covers below seat would be hot sellers .I would be interested in those.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Yesterday got my carbon fiber parts. It looks gr8, and all stuff that need strenght are stronger with kevlar. Especialy engine covers. I will put it on bike and then through winter will decide on some paint scheme.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Kawiman is this stuff going to be available? Dave how did you order that magical racing stuff?Everytime I put something in cart it would come back cart is empty.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts