1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Yeah those are a good deal. My dad has one and it works perfectly. I would check DataTool's website to see if they have one that does require splicing a bunch of wires. I know the older ones require that but it seems like I have heard that they made a new one that just plugs in.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,878 Posts
I have one on my ZX-7. Works good, but there's a small delay when changing gears before it says the right gear (about 1 sec.) and it takes a bit of effort to program it read read the gears. You have to teach it to realte RPM to speed, it doesn't get any data from the transmission or the ECU.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If its got a delay and you pretty much have to teach it what to do, is it really worth the dosia?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks woody..lol had to say it! anyways i appreciate it the same. I do like bluedevils unit better. the vids show its quickness and accuracy and thats what im looking for

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
pm bluedevil on this site- see members directory.
he has had good feedback on his unit. no lag.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Yea go with bloo's it's wired directly to the bikes stock gear indicator. there is a how too here on the site.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,878 Posts
low10 said:
If its got a delay and you pretty much have to teach it what to do, is it really worth the dosia?
That depends on what you want to use it for. I find it useful to know what gear I'm in after cruising down the freeway for a while. But it's not useful if you're quickly banging up and down gears like BlueDevil's unit would be. Quite frankly, I find no need to put a gear indicator on a bike after using one.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
SkyDork said:
That depends on what you want to use it for. I find it useful to know what gear I'm in after cruising down the freeway for a while. But it's not useful if you're quickly banging up and down gears like BlueDevil's unit would be. Quite frankly, I find no need to put a gear indicator on a bike after using one.
Yeah, it'd be nice if it came stock like the zook but on this bike especially you'd have to really screw up a bunch of downshifts from over 100mph to really get in trouble.
the occasional shift to 7th or shifting to first from 1st is annoying but that's about it.
I usually know what gear I'm in or if I want to go up or down a gear.

But I'd go blueD if adding one because the lag would piss me off with the other.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Yeah they are the nuts but as posted it takes about a sec to adjust the display to what gear your in but it's no biggie at the end of the day.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts