Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Any roll-ons with 15/16 R1s?

Gen 5: 2016-20 
4K views 26 replies 11 participants last post by  Justin33 
#1 ·
Trying to find some videos of how the 10r stacks up power wise with the R1. Any personal experience stories would be great.

Thx

#4 ·
I have both bikes. My friends have a 2015 R1 and a 2016 R1. Both bikes were dead even stock. We made a ton of roll on comparisons. When I flashed the zx10r with a 3/4 exhaust, I would pull about 3-4 bikes on a stock R1. When both bikes were flashed with 3/4 exhaust we were very close again, but the zx10r is a bit faster (1 bikes at the most). But I think a lot of it has to do with the smaller sprocket on the ZX10R compared to the R1. No complaints about the quick shifter. After the flash you get quick shifter for down shifts too!

#5 ·
Thanks!! All is takes is a flash to get the auto blipper or do you need to buy the part, after the flash, like for the R1?

#8 ·
What do you do on the straightaways between corners, get off and push?

#9 ·
It depends what you mean by roll ons.
From low rpm the r1 smashes the zx10r.
Even the 09 r1 would kill a zx10r from low end.
But i never see the point of this test as when your riding fast your never at low rpm.
Its nice to have that grunt on the road.
My dads big bang was so powerful and snatchy on the throttle you could litterally flip the bike if you wernt careful pulling away.
Zx10r is more user friendly

#15 ·
Yeah.....talking about highway speeds. I know the 2011 10r is faster than the 15/16 R1 in such a race. Wasn't sure if the 16s have more or less top end.

#13 ·
I have a roll on at the 6:40 mark lol

FMRRA Rnd 6 Race 6 1000 SS PBIR 9-24-16 - YouTube

Sort of, does this count?
Hey Niner the ZX10 that passes you at 5:11 is he an older guy? I think I set up next to him at a track day at pbir once. He had a Gen 4 and a Gen 5. BTW running in the sub 1.22's is awesome!!! Also it seems you reach a higher speed on the back straight when you run turn 8 wider instead of sticking closer to the inside. When I was there were lots of people that kept getting in my way so I couldn't ever come out of turn eight the way I wanted. Tis life in intermediate though. Also what does 1st in class mean in this context?

#16 ·
Yeah i thought that was him. When I was there he was hobbling around on crutches in between sessions. But as soon as they announced 1st call for Advanced he was up and his pit guy was helping him on his bike. I wish, in hind sight, I would have talked to him more about his gen 5 and asked for some pointers. I thought to myself, now that is a tough man right there.

#17 ·
Yea he had a nasty highside at JGP at the races in May. Sucked for me too! (not in the same way as him though)

I got a great start from the front row, I was leading everyone (Expert and Amateurs) by a mile, had a nice big gap, on the 2nd lap, Bob was coming out of 6, lost the rear and it flung him! Bad! They red flagged it and we had to do a full restart.

On the restart, my start SUCKED, BAD! And I was shuffled back a ways. I went from leaving EVERYONE to finishing like 4 in Amateur and I don't even remember what overall...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.