Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23,742 Posts
Have you looked in the "How To" section?...many Pics the principle is still the same from the 1st Gen.

bloo

·
Registered
664 Posts
Probably best advice is print out the service manual pages before starting (especially, but not limited to, the pictures), and be methodical about taking it apart (i.e., keep things in order and match the parts to the pics).

·
Registered
253 Posts
clutch change

i agree with russ keep things in order dont set parts on the ground i use margrine cups to put each layer of parts and bolts in layers meaning outer cover with its bolts ect ect make sure you soak the clutch plates in clean oil for the install good luck and props for doing it yourself knowing your bike internaly is as important as knowing how to ride it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
23,742 Posts
I just changed my clutch out last night for the 2nd time in the past few days because I realized I forgot to put the last plate counter clock wise 1 slot over like the manual states(not sure why it needs to be that way) and the "how tOs"....plus I was changing the oil. :lol:

but it's really easy if you know the order....friction plate on the back first...jugger spring plate next,friction plate, steel and so on until you end up with a friction plate at the end. The funny thing or not so funny I couldn't adjust my clutch to the Manual Specs because either my clutch height was higher than stock(using Cycle Concepts OEM version) or my cable is stretching. :badteeth:

After everything is put together pull/push the lower lever off the clutch case tight towards the front of the bike with the top adjusters tight as well disregarding the adjustment in the manual meaning don't go by their specs or starters.....at least that's what I had to do with Pazzo levers and todays ride was perfect.....can't wait to burn out these clutches at the Drag Strip the bike felt really Good today meaning all power is being transfered. :wink::thumbsup:

bloo

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey, I don't want to be rude. I'm a newbie. Can you direct me to where i can find clutch torque specs for a 06 zx10. Outher and inner all bolts. Thanks

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
The service manual has complete instructions, pictures, and torque specs. You can download the service manual for free off this forum. The moderators were nice enough to post up all years manuals for downloading. I use the pdf all the time and it is VERY helpful and has everything you will need to know. I was just looking at the clutch tear down/install last weekend.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,093 Posts
What Bloo says in post #6, plus the service manual. I would HIGHLY recommend downloading and printing or purchasing the manual. If you are a D.I.Y. guy its a necessary tool.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts