1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about to do this mod and I want to see the end result.:flag:

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
can you post it here or tell me where to find it?

· La Flama Blanca
7,727 Posts
There are a ton of pictures in the gallery, you will just have to search through them, I can not remember exactly where it was at, i will search for a minute, but you should go through it wil a fine tooth comb.

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

· ZX-10R enthusiast
6,612 Posts
what are the bennefits of swapping the swingarm?
I'd bet its just for aesthetics. That black one with the undertail pipe actually looks good IMO, he does need to shorten the pipe though. . .

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just to let you know it is not for aesthetics... I highsided the hell out of my 0510r at about 50MPH and had a lot of damage including you guessed it a bent swingarm and with the 04-05 arm so hard to find and or expensive I am going with the 06-07. Its cheaped and evidently not too many people have it.

Attachments

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have started the rebuild. so far I have purchased handlebars, a rearset, one of my engine covers that was destroyed, new pegs, the 07 swingarm, a rear brake mounting bracket, I had to have my block welded in one spot, I have fixed all the broken bodywork and still working on the caved in gas tank (time killer), and after the swingarm install I get to try and figure out the exhaustand see if my extension blocks still fit. Anyone want to wish me some good luck?

Attachments

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What are you doing about the frame damage?
I know its not the clearest pic but the frame is straight it has a couple of scratches from the slide.. touchup.

· ZX-10R enthusiast
6,612 Posts
How do you highside a stretched bike?
BTW your profile says Pearl Blazing Orange, looks like Magma Red :dontknow:
Good luck with the rebuild

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
it is....was red. cold tires+too much throttle+hard lean at 50mph <--this guys a jackass. Basically she stepped out and tried to lowside. I fought with her to keep her up and she beat me the other way. So now I am convinced that she is my wifes sister.:iamwithst

· Registered
4,834 Posts
I know its not the clearest pic but the frame is straight it has a couple of scratches from the slide.. touchup.
Well, I will just say that MANY members here tend to think that ANY scratches/cracks/chipped paint on welds are all indications of a bad frame. I honestly don't know when a frame is officially toast...as I know some cracked frames have been welded with no problems...but I would just be a bit apprehensive if I were you. Let's see what the more experienced guys say about it? Not trying to rain on your parade man, but I would hate to hear about your bike being put back together only to come back apart at speed...with you on it...again. :dontknow: GL!

· Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,958 Posts
Wow highsided a corner with extentions too, man hell of a way to fall. I tend to always fall on my left even if I'm going right LOL!! Maybe its my brain saying we need to save your right side hahaha. But thats cool your striaght, bike can be fixed but us we cant sometimes so0

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well, I will just say that MANY members here tend to think that ANY scratches/cracks/chipped paint on welds are all indications of a bad frame. I honestly don't know when a frame is officially toast...as I know some cracked frames have been welded with no problems...but I would just be a bit apprehensive if I were you. Let's see what the more experienced guys say about it? Not trying to rain on your parade man, but I would hate to hear about your bike being put back together only to come back apart at speed...with you on it...again. :dontknow: GL!
I do appreciate the concern but I wont ever know unless I give it a shot. when I get her back together we will get the verdict...:headshake

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.