Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Any other slip-on dyno results? Without a PCIII though?

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  tberd 
#1 ·
Thinkin of getting the Akra or Arata. I know the Sato did somethin like 9hp w/PCIII, but I wonder how much w/out it. Would the other 2 choices fair about the same?

#5 ·
Ivan said:
Slip-on's give appx 3 hp on the ZX10.... not more :)
http://www.ivansperformanceproducts.com/zx10r.htm

If you want more, then you need a full exhaust system.

Ivan
SO judging by the chart the increase in the midrange (5k-9k) for a street bike is a plus but for those wanting more peak HP the full system is the way to go.

BD

#6 ·
Ivan said:
I have not tested an Arata system on a 10R yet.....
I have done comparative testing on other bikes.... (R1, GSXR1000, FZ-1) The Arata is a good pipe....

The ZX10 gains 8 hp with a good pipe (peak to peak) and 10 hp in the "after peak.

When it comes to peak hp with this bike, they all make pretty much the same, don't believe the claims of 15 hp....it's BS.....

All you have to do is, make your base runs in poor weather conditions and make your improvement runs in good weather conditions and then the results are misleading....

My preference for the 10R is Akrapovic...

Ivan
15hp right here with a full, again this was done back to back on the same bike same day.

#12 ·
Ivan said:
This is exactly what I'm talking about :)

I can run my ZX10 on a hot humid day and see 158 hp....and run it again in cooler/drier weather and see 166 hp...that's the way that the dyno is...even though there are correction programs on the software...they don't work very well....I know, I own one and use it daily.

The proper way is to make a baseline run first for the day of the improvement/change and then make the change, then dyno it again.

If it was not done this way the results are useless and very often misleading.

Ivan
Look i'm not going to argue as to if a slip can make more than 3-4hp or a full will make 15hp. The map shows it all they were dyno'd at the same place. Obvisouly I didn't notice the mileage on the bike when they were done. Maybe even different bikes. I appologize and should have looked further into it. Case in point we're a authorized dyno jet tunning center. Our tech has done hundreds of bikes. I even had him stand next to me and tell me that some bikes with slip will lose power. Some will make more power on the stock bike map. He's had bikes make upwards of 5hp difference from one bike to another. That some pipes and power commander custom maps have yeilded >20hp gains.

If you want cold hard facts. Anyone that has a zx10r thats in the Indiana area. Come see me. were about to import a new line of exhausts we'll tune your bike if you let us use it as a demo mule. Full and slip, with and without power commander.

Until then the maps from sato prove that gains can be and have been made.

Slava

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.