Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm just being nosey but if anyone has any info I'd like to know..

I was rolling up I-95 from DC towards Baltimore MD yesterday at about 1pm or so to meet up with Jessiah1,Seatec, & Zarussian, right as I crested the hill before the harbor tunnel I saw a bunch of police lights on the southbound side of the tunnel..

I am not kidding you there were at least 30-40 bikes stopped just at the tunnel exit.. I looked but some ppl were sittin on the curb.. others on their bike like they really would have rather stayed in bed that morning.. I looked to see if anyone was wrecked and there was def NO wreck.. I assume that there were some pretty hefty fines/drama handed out so if anyone heard anything on this please share!!

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
I find it hard to believe that 30-40 bikes were all doing something wrong at the same time.....
Not really if a video was being filmed? If a big group gets together and trys to do a run police should be told to avoid the hassles, keep us informed. Please?

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I find it hard to believe that 30-40 bikes were all doing something wrong at the same time.....
I spit the rum and coke I was drinking out my nose when I read this..:crackup:

when my eyes go back to their natural color from the bleeding I will continue to research this...:lol:

·
Registered
495 Posts
I spit the rum and coke I was drinking out my nose when I read this..:crackup:

when my eyes go back to their natural color from the bleeding I will continue to research this...:lol:
Yea, I was thinking about the big group rides I have done and how usually they are slow just because of the amount of people that need to keep together. Srry about your rum & coke!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
If you have 30-40 bikes all speeding then isn't it considered "Flow of traffic"? LOL.

·
Registered
516 Posts

:spit: Obviously you've never gone riding with the "We wear shorts, wife-beaters and flipflops because we are bad-ass superbikers with mad skillz" crew.:crackup:

·
Registered
198 Posts
sat was the ride for life run. not sure where it started or ended but we passed alot of them when we were headed northbound on 95. they were heading south. i'm assuming the ride was done and they were heading home. we saw them dipping in and out of trafic and splitting lanes.

being a cop i do know that if the highway boys get a high volume of calls about speeding bikes (yes people call us to say bikes are going fast down the road) they will wait at the toll booths because there is nowhere to run at that point.

but it's hard to write a ticket on something you didn't see. so they probably yelled at them and then cut em loose, lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts