Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just removed the butterflies in the top of the stacks and the difference is impressive, and gives it a better induction howl with a few extra ponies to boot.
no pics but if you want to do this mod its easy enough.
step 1 remove tank and take the top of air box off as if you were doing a air filter change.
step 2 get a magnetized screw driver and a pair of long nose pliers. look in the stacks and you will see the butterflies and the two screws holding them in place remove one screw and make sure you do not drop the screw, then carefully remove the second screw and use the pliers to grab the butterfly and gently pull out. thats about all there is to it:mrgreen:

M

·
Registered
536 Posts
Just removed the butterflies in the top of the stacks and the difference is impressive, and gives it a better induction howl with a few extra ponies to boot.
no pics but if you want to do this mod its easy enough.
step 1 remove tank and take the top of air box off as if you were doing a air filter change.
step 2 get a magnetized screw driver and a pair of long nose pliers. look in the stacks and you will see the butterflies and the two screws holding them in place remove one screw and make sure you do not drop the screw, then carefully remove the second screw and use the pliers to grab the butterfly and gently pull out. thats about all there is to it:mrgreen:

M
Yeah its talked about a lot hear. A lot of people do this. I didn't feel really any difference when I did it, but then again I only had about 30 miles on my bike when I took them out. I thought I was taking it in for warranty and I put them back in so now I will probably be able to tell.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah its talked about a lot hear. A lot of people do this. I didn't feel really any difference when I did it, but then again I only had about 30 miles on my bike when I took them out. I thought I was taking it in for warranty and I put them back in so now I will probably be able to tell.
I have had mine for 6 wks and done over 5000 Kms on her, we did the mod today and I noticed it for sure, getting a yoshi full system r55 next week to and 1/5th from rifleman soon too :mrgreen:

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
I know they make a difference but because I did other mods at the time I can't say how much, but in the lower rpms once tuned I feel they give better/quicker throttle response. A lot of guys say not to take them out for the street, primarily a couple guys who should really know, but I say it's personal preference, if you don't like them you can put them back in. Either way you're taking a risk.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts