Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not found anything in the last 2 weeks. Is it a done deal or are there still
defining the fine print?? Maybe Ducati waiting to see if VR is really fit after the crash?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I have not found anything in the last 2 weeks. Is it a done deal or are there still
defining the fine print?? Maybe Ducati waiting to see if VR is really fit after the crash?
Nothing official, supposed to announce at Brno. Most inside sources say he will go to Ducati.

·
Registered
477 Posts
no news too tell really,when it was leaked that yamaha was giving rossi a pay cut too give lorenzo a pay rise,hes riding a duke for sure!!he aint going too suzuki and he sure as hell aint guna ride for honda again!!come on we all know its a done deal....

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
They'd take him if he had no legs!!! he's going to be riding the duc....where else would he go? NOT zuk or kawi and he sure as hell wouldn't go back to honda i don't think. i'd like to see what he could do on the ducati too!!:mrgreen:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They'd take him if he had no legs!!! he's going to be riding the duc....where else would he go? NOT zuk or kawi and he sure as hell wouldn't go back to honda i don't think. i'd like to see what he could do on the ducati too!!:mrgreen:
I agree, however, the possibility of him staying a yamaha cannot be ruled out yet. I know of all the salary mess with Lorenzo, but, for whatever reason, Lorenzo is becoming unpopular, moreover, he ended up 2nd last weekend, not bad I guess, and everyone talks about Rossi. I guess nobody likes to have an unpopular rider specially when his team mate is still Valentino....
Its just a thought. It might the tooo far fetched but who knows

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I agree, however, the possibility of him staying a yamaha cannot be ruled out yet. I know of all the salary mess with Lorenzo, but, for whatever reason, Lorenzo is becoming unpopular, moreover, he ended up 2nd last weekend, not bad I guess, and everyone talks about Rossi. I guess nobody likes to have an unpopular rider specially when his team mate is still Valentino....
If he's becoming unpopular, it really doesn't matter to yamaha as long as he wins the title (which is nearly impossible for him not to do at this point). And really, he's spanish and since spaniards probably are the most race-crazed fanatics on the planet i doubt his popularity will ever be an issue, nor him not being a title contender. Besides, look at hayden and pedrosa. Hayden is prob the 2nd most popular rider in the series and pedrosa near the opposite and honda virtually kicked him (hayden) to the curb before the ink dried on pedrosa's contract.

I agree, anything can happen, but at this point i'd be surprised if rossi stays with yamaha. As far as ducati waiting to see if rossi'll be competitive, I think the german gp should have shut up his detractors and doubters.

BTW, been reading that spies and lorenzo have been pretty tight lately. Makes you wonder/hope that they team together next year. Be cool to see what spies can do on (for now) the best factory bike with a years experience on his side.

·
11,423 Posts
If he's becoming unpopular, it really doesn't matter to yamaha as long as he wins the title (which is nearly impossible for him not to do at this point). And really, he's spanish and since spaniards probably are the most race-crazed fanatics on the planet i doubt his popularity will ever be an issue, nor him not being a title contender. Besides, look at hayden and pedrosa. Hayden is prob the 2nd most popular rider in the series and pedrosa near the opposite and honda virtually kicked him (hayden) to the curb before the ink dried on pedrosa's contract.

NOT too sure about that? not overseas for sure and probably not even here in the states? He won the title one year and i give him that BUT before and since then he has been below par to say the least which i think is the reason honda dropped him when they did (i'm not saying he sucks or anything but to say he's the 2nd most popular rider?), but then again it's kinda the same situation yamaha is going thru now BUT why would you let the goat go for any reason when you almost know for a fact that he WILL come back on another bike and whip your ass and probably take the title....ask honda about this. i'll just be glad when it's all said and done so we'll know what to look forward to and expect for next season.

·
11,423 Posts

This is true man.........I just hope IF yami lets him go and he signs with ducati that he does to them (yamaha) just like he did to honda when he went to yamaha!

·
welds like he has palsy
1,761 Posts
This is true man.........I just hope IF yami lets him go and he signs with ducati that he does to them (yamaha) just like he did to honda when he went to yamaha!
Agreed. I hope he still has enough in him to do it. I'm not pessimistic, just being hopeful and not over confident.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Anyone here read Rossi's book?

Remember that he wants to have fun while racing, that's a big reason that he left honda.

I bet he'd have fun at Ducati and take less money to do it.
Plus he'd be that much closer to his Formula 1 ride for when he retires from bikes and tries for the F1 title to match John Surtees having won titles in each.
After he ties or surpasses Mike Hailwood's 8 GP titles of course.

He's already tied Surtee's 7 GP championships so he could go to F1 and tie that guy's record now if he could win.

·
11,423 Posts
Agreed. I hope he still has enough in him to do it. I'm not pessimistic, just being hopeful and not over confident.
:+1:

Anyone hear read Rossi's book?

Remember that he wants to have fun while racing, that's a big reason that he left honda.

I bet he'd have fun at Ducati and take less money to do it.
Plus he'd be that much closer to his Formula 1 ride for when he retires from bikes and tries for the F1 title to match John Surtees having won titles in each.
After he ties or surpasses Mike Hailwood's 8 GP titles of course.

He's already tied Surtee's 7 GP championships so he could go to F1 and tie that guy's record now if he could win.
Every point made above is very good and dead on, kinda like when mladin left ama after spies went to WSB cause he said there was no one left to "challenge" him. i can see rossi winning on damn near any bike BUT with the duc.....i think he's gonna give the rest of the field fits out there.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Rossi's gunning for Agostini's records. It'll take him a while to get to it, if he ever does.

F1 has been rulled out i think. Maybe he'll get another joyride has he did in the past, but i doubt any team will offer him a seat, not even Ferrari. Dunno, everythings possible with Rossi.

Oh and Hayden 2nd most popular? :spit: Dont let Lorenzo, or Stoner, or Spies, or Edwards, or Capirossi, or Simoncelli or even Melandri hear you. Hell i'll even throw Pedrosa to the mix with that one :crackup:

·
11,423 Posts
Rossi's gunning for Agostini's records. It'll take him a while to get to it, if he ever does.

F1 has been rulled out i think. Maybe he'll get another joyride has he did in the past, but i doubt any team will offer him a seat, not even Ferrari. Dunno, everythings possible with Rossi.

Oh and Hayden 2nd most popular? :spit: Dont let Lorenzo, or Stoner, or Spies, or Edwards, or Capirossi, or Simoncelli or even Melandri hear you. Hell i'll even throw Pedrosa to the mix with that one :crackup:

Thank You!!!!!!:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Okay, you guys win. Hayden has a factory ducati ride based soley on his stellar results i suppose. No, more like he is a fan favorite in america and europe, markets well, and sells ducatis. Ducati had stoner for championships, now that he's gone they'll do all possible to secure rossi to win for them.

I guess i can't really rank all the riders according to popularity, my point was a factory will pick the most likely champion over popularity. Yes, rossi will win another championship or two, but lorenzo has a much longer career ahead and i'm sure yamaha will do all it can to secure him for as long as possible. Sorry to all you capirossi and spies fans who got butt-hurt over my previous post.:rolleyes: For the record, i don't know who the actual 2nd most popular rider is.

·
11,423 Posts
Okay, you guys win. Hayden has a factory ducati ride based soley on his stellar results i suppose. No, more like he is a fan favorite in america and europe, markets well, and sells ducatis. Ducati had stoner for championships, now that he's gone they'll do all possible to secure rossi to win for them.

I guess i can't really rank all the riders according to popularity, my point was a factory will pick the most likely champion over popularity. Yes, rossi will win another championship or two, but lorenzo has a much longer career ahead and i'm sure yamaha will do all it can to secure him for as long as possible. Sorry to all you capirossi and spies fans who got butt-hurt over my previous post.:rolleyes: For the record, i don't know who the actual 2nd most popular rider is.

Dude, I know your username thing might come into play here but hayden is NOT that big of a "fan favorite" anywhere except for maybe kentucky.......and just him setting his ass on a duc and riding it at the track is NOT helping in selling them in anyway shape or form. when was the last time he won A race? I like the guy and have always kinda rooted for him BUT i just think it's funny to hear he's such a popular guy here in the states AND overseas.......you're statements about people getting "butt hurt" just show you to kinda be the prick that one might "think" you are as well FYI.:mrgreen: so what you're saying is that ducati had stoner to win races and now will try to get rossi to win races and hayden is there because people like him and he SELLS BIKES!? cause he sure as shit hasn't done much in winning the last couple seasons has he?:crackup: "a factory will pick the most likely champion over popularity" kinda goes against the point you're trying to make isn't it? i'm just saying, you're logic and statement above doesn't make too much sense to me at all:dontknow:...there, my rant is over.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Ahh, i see where we are having our communication breakdown. You seem to be confusing popularity with results. I see them as unrelated. I think you just echoed everything i was saying yet you failed to understand it when you read it in my post. BTW, hayden does indeed sell bikes for ducati. Wasn't it last year they made that 848 hayden special edition that sold every unit before it was even released?

As far as my statement about picking a champion over popularity, I was referring to pedrosa who had yet done nothing over hayden who had just won a championship for honda, and the liklehood of yamaha picking lorenzo over rossi. Those decisions were and would be made thinking of future championships and wins.

As far as you thinking of me as a prick, I reread my previous posts and just can't see where i came off as rude or offensive to you in any way. Let me apologize for whatever bothered you so.

·
11,423 Posts
Ahh, i see where we are having our communication breakdown. You seem to be confusing popularity with results. I see them as unrelated. I think you just echoed everything i was saying yet you failed to understand it when you read it in my post. BTW, hayden does indeed sell bikes for ducati. Wasn't it last year they made that 848 hayden special edition that sold every unit before it was even released?

As far as my statement about picking a champion over popularity, I was referring to pedrosa who had yet done nothing over hayden who had just won a championship for honda, and the liklehood of yamaha picking lorenzo over rossi. Those decisions were and would be made thinking of future championships and wins.

As far as you thinking of me as a prick, I reread my previous posts and just can't see where i came off as rude or offensive to you in any way. Let me apologize for whatever bothered you so.
I see what you're saying now man, and i never said you were a prick...i said that your comment towards the rest of us about getting butt hurt or whatever it was, made you seem like one is all. no sense in us getting into a pissing match bro and i too apologize if i came off as an ass towards you.:eek:ccasion1 and yes the 848 replica was nice..too bad it was the 848 and only sold in the states(wonder why) and Bayliss had the 1098 replica if i remember right?,the 848 IS a nice looking bike though and it rings true your statement in a way......"he sold those bikes" i'll give him that BUT ducati's sales didn't explode just because the kentucky kid is riding one...trust me.:mrgreen:

·
11,423 Posts
No comment on the hairdo.............WTF? but hey, he can ride circles around my ass on a bike and no one is lining up to get my autograph.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts