Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am replacing my cam, and gasket. I have seen a few say you don't have to drop the engine. Does anyone have a how to on removing the head without dropping the engine?

·
Registered
562 Posts
:iamwithst Info would be nice.....wanting to do this over the winter to my 3rd gen :eek:ccasion1

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
I could make one sometime soon, I have a buds bike that wants the thin head gasket. its really not that bad the only hard part about it all is when you go to remove the head the cam chain guides are somewhat a pain to get around but you just have to rotate the head a certain way and it comes right off.

Awaiting a head to come in to do the work.....

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sweet.....I have my radiator, exhaust, and TB's off now. Look like there is plenty of room to work.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
yeah just remove the upper and lower FRONT motor mounts and you can get to everything pretty well. I dont even tilt the motor forward when I do a head gasket. I think one time I loosened the lower 2 mounts just so move the motor around a lil...

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok I'll play more today......I can use my theory.....keep taking out screws until something good happens LOL.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts