Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 saab 2.2 turbo diesel. Can I run a manual boost controller on this like I would do with a petrol turbo to increase boost and performance?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah I used to run manual boost on my mitsubishi gt3000 twin turbo. I'm going to fit a boost gauge first and see what boost it pulls and then try a controller and up it a few psi.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Yes you can. Boost control on standard turbochargers is the same regardless of the engine cycle type or fuel used. :)

However, adding more fuel to make the increase in air worthwhile will be a bit more tricky.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Diesels take boost a lot better than gas engines bc there is no spark ignition of the fuel - it is all compression based. In a gas engine your boost is limited but pre-detonation and the strength of the engine. In diesel, as long as the fuel ratios stay correct with in increase in boost, your limiting factor is the strength of the engine. I'm a diesel mechanic, but I work on large trucks and machines, not diesel car stuff so I don't know the Saab setup at all without looking at it personally. I would definitely get into a forum and see what type of things work and don't work in your situation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts