Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

Brand-new to this forum. Just sold my ZRX1100 and bought a 2007 ZX10R Special Edition... got it with 85 miles, so it's basically a brand-new bike. After break-in, I'm planning on getting re-acquainted with some mountain twisties. Anybody in here ride in the Denver area? Any advice for a new ZX10 owner as it pertains to staying safe, yet maximizing my fun in the curves? While I was able to ride them, the ZRX fought me a bit in the mountains and I'm hoping for a more manageable ride out of the ZX10. Any sound, sane advice from ya'll will be appreciated!

Peace
NL
http://www.spritle.net/zx10

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I have an o6 I take up in the canyons all the time. Feel free to stop by my shop off Hampden/Sante Fe and we can talk about hitting them hills!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Konichd,

Will do... 169 miles now and climbing. Riding in the city every day, but wanna get to about 500+, change the oil and do some minor adjustments before heading up to the hills. I'll stop by your shop beforehand, though, for a talk/bs session, if that's ok. On another topic, was thinking about adding lowering links (I'm 5'7" with a 30" inseam). Any experience with this? I'm also thinking about getting a local upholstery shop to customize the stock saddle to "scoop" it... removing about 1"+ of the factory foam to allow for my height. Got a recommendation for a shop that does quality work without breaking the bank?

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
There are a couple places near my shop that can easily handle your seat shaving for @40 bucks. As far as lowering, I don't have much experience with it but your on the right path with a lowering link. These things sit pretty low but welcome to the best canyon carving machine!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The riding is usually great. Being up against the front range of the Rocky Mountains, there are many well-maintained canyon roads and mountain passes with perfectly cambered twisties. Now, I just have to finish breaking in my 07 ZX10 (up to 290 miles and climbing ;-) so I can get up there and ride.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I'm in Cheyenne when in the US and lots of good riding in the Front Range. (Sitting in Kuwait and heading to Baghdad right now for another 3 month stint) Good site to linkup with other riders in the local area is http://www.cosportbikeclub.org ....there you can find plenty of people to ride with. Enjoy.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There are a couple places near my shop that can easily handle your seat shaving for @40 bucks. As far as lowering, I don't have much experience with it but your on the right path with a lowering link. These things sit pretty low but welcome to the best canyon carving machine!
Can you pass along the names of those shops? I got a quote from a shop on my side of town (Alameda & Quebec) and he wants $125 bucks to shave the foam and re-use the factory cover... seems pretty steep! At that price, I might attempt to do it myself... worst-case scenario is that I have to send to to Tobin if I screw it up too badly ;-)

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
^^I got my 636 seat shaved and done for $45! The shop is right here off Federal and Hampden. I will get you some info on who it was when I can find my reciept.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts