Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Я - Ребен&#108
2021 ZX10R Street & 2016 ZX10R KRT Race build
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have the Gen 5 with woolich to unlock my auto blip on the bike, but my Gen 4 (2011) that I've raced with for the last 7 years of course do not have that feature.

I have not heard of the Kawasaki Race ECU having that feature also.

Only problem I could see why it may not have auto blip is working with engine braking... I have not heard of this bike having electronic engine braking also.

Anyone have/Know if this feature can be added to the Gen 4 ???

Pictures just to spice up the thread...
(Converted 2011 to 2018 bodywork)

Attachments

Reactions: Sneekey10R

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,726 Posts
Yes, it can be done. Anything is possible if you throw enough money at the problem!

It's been talked about before on here. There's really only 1 or 2 options, and it's expensive. Almost $2000 for the unit. It's not an electrical issue, it's mechanical. Ride-by-wire systems like the Gen 5 have a motor controlling the throttle. The earlier ones don't. So you have to connect a motor to the throttle plates that allow them to open when commanded. The setup uses a push-pull cable on a drive motor to mechanically open the throttle to offload the transmission for downshift.

Engine braking doesn't matter because in either scenario, the engine momentarily accelerates when the throttle is opened for the downshift. Engine braking is not maintained during the downshift.

·
Я - Ребен&#108
2021 ZX10R Street & 2016 ZX10R KRT Race build
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mmmmm

ok yeah that is more money I wanted to spend on one item...if it was with a full on Race ECU kit that controled allot more items...I would be down.
2019 might be my last year on the Gen 4... when a True/real Gen 6 comes out...Ill make my Gen 5 my next race bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts