Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Chairman of the Board
16,050 Posts
Does "Off" work for ticks? My buddy got Lymes disease from one last year and it nearly put him under the dirt.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I know some guys that worked powerlines in Missouri. They said putting one of those plastic flea/tick dog collars around the ankles of your work boots reduced them allot. Not full proof but helps.

Drier sheets are some of the best mosquieto repellants you can get. What we did was rub our arms/legs with them and then tucked in in the back of our ball cap or hard hat to keep them away from your neck and face. It also doubled as a shade for our necks.

·
Registered
378 Posts
What about listerine sprayed all over the body. I know it works for mosquitos

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
good luck with the ticks...I'd never even seen a tick till I moved to Tennessee, and I've got a couple acres at my house where we ride the dirt toys, and the dogs are always out there too....I've never been able to beat them 100%, they F'ing SUCK!!! Sorry bro

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Try coating yourself in "skin so soft" or any type of bug repellant that leaves a coating on your skin, if yhey get thru the coating, it should kill them, or just keep a jar of vasoline with u and if u find one on your body cover it with the vasoline and smother the tick, then gently remove the dead pest

·
Registered
596 Posts
Wear rhino skin. It's a camo pattern thin material that keeps out all ticks, mosquitos, chiggers, spiders, etc. I have worn it in some ungodly emvironments and never has it failed me. Don't wear it if you are doing strenuous activity however.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Does "Off" work for ticks? My buddy got Lymes disease from one last year and it nearly put him under the dirt.
That Lyme disease is some nasty stuff! It's very often confused with Multiple Sclerosis, as the initial symptoms are so similar.

Definitely keep those ticks off of you....hope you find something that works.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I found a tick on my sack once

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Just bring my fiances family with u. Ticks will see how fucking stupid they are and feel sorry for u and just go away

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Just bring my fiances family with u. Ticks will see how fucking stupid they are and feel sorry for u and just go away
haha, that's just funny

·
Registered
1,938 Posts

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
I know some guys that worked powerlines in Missouri. They said putting one of those plastic flea/tick dog collars around the ankles of your work boots reduced them allot. Not full proof but helps.

Drier sheets are some of the best mosquieto repellants you can get. What we did was rub our arms/legs with them and then tucked in in the back of our ball cap or hard hat to keep them away from your neck and face. It also doubled as a shade for our necks.
That's a trick I learned when I use to survey, works great.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts