Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Booken posed the question, "Can God create a rock that is too heavy for Him to lift".
I realize that this question is designed to confuse God's children, because if it is answered either 'yes' or 'no' it brings God's omnipotence into question.

Your answer.....

God can create a rock that is extremely huge. The size of this rock may equal the size of the universe that He created... as in the universe has a boundary, and the rock in question would have the same boundary. Get it? He could create a rock THAT large. With ease.
Said rock could not be lifted because there would be no where to lift it TO.
There would also be nothing to lift it IN RELATION TO.

In order to lift the rock, the Lord would have to first expand the boundaries of the universe, which He could do...with ease. Then He would have to create a second rock, larger than the first, in order to have something from which to lift the first rock from. Which He could easily do. Then the rock that He created that was so big that it could not be lifted... could be lifted by God Almighty.

There is your answer.
Now go to church.... because right now, YOU are the rock that He created... and it is His desire to lift YOU to HIM.

Praise Jesus

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
My god can leap tall buildings at a single bound, is faster than a speeding bullet. He/she also leaves quarters under my pillow. Why doya figure your god created polio, AIDS and evil?

·
PostWhore
13,496 Posts
swjohnsey said:
My god can leap tall buildings at a single bound, is faster than a speeding bullet. He/she also leaves quarters under my pillow. Why doya figure your god created polio, AIDS and evil?
Why question why God does what He does, He has a reason for everything... He has the power to heal the sick also... He knows people will get sick, He knows people will pray for the sick....Its evident God knew that there would be evil in the world from the beginning of creation, which is why we have our redeemer, Jesus Christ, which was also there in the beginning. If you have so many questions for God, why not ask Him, instead of us? And try to answer the questions that God poses to Job in the Bible, if you want some really tough questions?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I can tell that with all of the religious threads going on that there are defiantly some people with passionate beliefs, but my question is why are people going back and forth testing each others faith? People can believe what they want to believe and what ever happens to that person in their life is on them.

·
PostWhore
13,496 Posts
swjohnsey said:
That makes sense, first God creates evil then saves us from it. Sounds like Munchausen by proxy to me.
God didnt create evil, but knew that men would be, in time, because he gave them freedom of choice. If he didnt , we would all be good little robots running around, and I dont think God wanted robots.

·
PostWhore
13,496 Posts
zx7rydr said:
I can tell that with all of the religious threads going on that there are defiantly some people with passionate beliefs, but my question is why are people going back and forth testing each others faith? People can believe what they want to believe and what ever happens to that person in their life is on them.
This is true for non-believers, but for those who know there is a God, and that non-believers will spend eternity in torment, its kinda hard to just allow that to happen.

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
Let's see if I understand this, God created everything but He didn't create evil. He doesn't want a bunch of robot but a bunch of ass kissers. Being the lovin' benevolent god he is, if you don't kiss His ass he will throw you in a lake of fire to burn forever. BWAHAHAHA!!! Tell you what God, why don't you kiss my ass.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
GuitarPlyr said:
This is true for non-believers, but for those who know there is a God, and that non-believers will spend eternity in torment, its kinda hard to just allow that to happen.

I understand what you are saying, and from what I have heard torment is an understatement.

·
PostWhore
13,496 Posts
swjohnsey said:
Let's see if I understand this, God created everything but He didn't create evil. He doesn't want a bunch of robot but a bunch of ass kissers. Being the lovin' benevolent god he is, if you don't kiss His ass he will throw you in a lake of fire to burn forever. BWAHAHAHA!!! Tell you what God, why don't you kiss my ass.
Yeah, i see that you understand everything perfectly.

·
PostWhore
13,496 Posts
Of course, it is in man to want to know everything, and because we dont, we have freedom of choice, for you wouldnt have it if you knew everything. Its also not in man to be perfect, physically, emotionally, and in any form of expression, so no matter how well a question is answered, noone can give a full answer because noone knows the whole Truth. But we are given enough to believe through the Bible. I am willing and able to help anyone who truelly desires to find God, but Im done going back and forth in these threads with people whose only desire is to bash God, and turn people from Him. Those, Ill leave for God to judge.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
GuitarPlyr said:
but Im done going back and forth in these threads with people whose only desire is to bash God, and turn people from Him. Those, Ill leave for God to judge.
That is what I was getting at.

·
Registered
489 Posts
casey said:
Booken posed the question, "Can God create a rock that is too heavy for Him to lift".
I realize that this question is designed to confuse God's children, because if it is answered either 'yes' or 'no' it brings God's omnipotence into question.

Your answer.....

God can create a rock that is extremely huge. The size of this rock may equal the size of the universe that He created... as in the universe has a boundary, and the rock in question would have the same boundary. Get it? He could create a rock THAT large. With ease.
Said rock could not be lifted because there would be no where to lift it TO.
There would also be nothing to lift it IN RELATION TO.

In order to lift the rock, the Lord would have to first expand the boundaries of the universe, which He could do...with ease. Then He would have to create a second rock, larger than the first, in order to have something from which to lift the first rock from. Which He could easily do. Then the rock that He created that was so big that it could not be lifted... could be lifted by God Almighty.

There is your answer.
Now go to church.... because right now, YOU are the rock that He created... and it is His desire to lift YOU to HIM.

Praise Jesus
:lol:

so you answer is a...may be? A simple yes or no will do.

·
Registered
489 Posts
zx7rydr said:
i could not agree with you more. But the problem is that deep down, all christians want others to be christians.

·
Registered
167 Posts
swjohnsey said:
Evil is what you get without God. Evil and all the things that plague man are the result of mans disobedience, Romans 5:12, and unfortuantely the wages of sin is death, Romans 6:23.

A better question might be did God create Satan? The answer is yes, he was the serpent, Genesis 3:1 and later called the devil and Satan, Revelation 12: 7-9.

Though man fell from grace (by his own choice) he sent his son to redeem us, but the choice is ours.

One thing that I find interesting is that so many ZX10R riders believe in God but after I ride mine I understood why!!!

Wuff

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
What we have here is an omnipotent God who won't lift His pecker to feed starvin' children. Oh yeah, a lovin', omnipotent God who won't left His pecker to feed starvin' children. Anyway, sound like a god way to wimpy for me. A real god with some balls would never take that kind of abuse from a mere mortal. Zeus woulda had a lightning bolt up my ass by now.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
volo said:
i could not agree with you more. But the problem is that deep down, all christians want others to be christians.
It is true that all Christian want to spread the good news of the free gift of salvation through Jesus Christ.

Why is that a problem?

If you saw a drowning man and threw him a life preserver, and he threw it back at you and swore at you, would you throw the life preserver back to him?
I would.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts