Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ride to work a lot which is a very straight so I have all ready got a flat spot in the center on the stock tires in 3000 miles.

I'm not much of a knee dragger so I can give up some side grip for a bit more tire life.

What are some good ones to look for that will not flatten out as fast?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Michelin Pilot road 2 are suppose to be good id like to try one but it only comes in a 190/50 and not the 55 series...

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
pirelli diablo strada

·
Registered
531 Posts
Pick a sport touring tire and go!!! The above mentioned are all good tires, it basically comes down to brand preference and your wallet!!! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
118 Posts
it prolly doesnt matter what tire you get the zx10 is notorius for eating up rear tires as in the case with all high hp bikes, just make sure you check your tire pressures regularly.

·
Registered
813 Posts
If you use a tire like mentioned above (I have had the Conti's and Michelin's on other bikes and they were great), and kept the pressure up (like mentioned above), I'm willing to bet you could get between 5,000 and 6,000 miles out of a set of tires. Plus, these tires are cheaper to begin with.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I cant believe (i belive you im just sayn) you got that much outta your stock tires... I only got about 1100.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I cant believe (i belive you im just sayn) you got that much outta your stock tires... I only got about 1100.
i have a Road 2 and i love it i beat on that tire and it wont give and i cant tell how many miles are on it since i got it. I have to say its the best tire i have used yet. I wouldnt take it to the track though.

·
.net Most Followed Member
8,796 Posts
I ride to work a lot which is a very straight so I have all ready got a flat spot in the center on the stock tires in 3000 miles.

I'm not much of a knee dragger so I can give up some side grip for a bit more tire life.

What are some good ones to look for that will not flatten out as fast?

Thanks
Since you dont ride your bike hard or even drag knee, and use it normally to go to work and back, expensive and super sticky tires make no sense at all. If you want more tire life then try the Conti road attack , great price and pretty good overall.

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
Metzeler Z6 is another choice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts