Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm on the hunt for suspension for my up coming gen4 build , what id like to know as my working on a budget could the stock front forks be kitted out or aftermarket carts are really the only option.
Cheers

·
Registered
581 Posts
Cheapest option - re-spring the front to your weight with non-progressive springs - Probably about $200 with servicing and all

Racetech does make a piston for it, which is the next cheapest option, you're probably looking close to $500 with springs, pistons, oil, etc.

GP Suspension makes 25mm carts, which will be about $1100-$1200 installed and setup for you.

Ohlins 30mm carts is next at around $1300-$1400 I think.

There are a few others out there, but these are the ones I know. All that said, if you are going fast enough to push the limits of the stock BPFs, then you're going to want to upgrade to the cartridges, because it's not the pistons which are causing all of the issues.

They are REALLY nice forks to begin with, so I would normally recommend to someone to just get them setup for your weight and skip the carts until you're ready to challenge the top level experts. That said, you can usually get really nice cartridge/shock combos for great prices, so I would save for that if I were you. The stock shock definitely needs replacing on the Gen 4 once you start pushing it out of the corners.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers. ..im thinking the same ktech rear and up graded front..but been offered new ohlins front and rear $2500.00

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Cheers. ..im thinking the same ktech rear and up graded front..but been offered new ohlins front and rear $2500.00
What ?! Which ones for $2500? where from ? please share!! Best "cash" price I got on the ohlins forks and mechatronic shock was $3500 out the door from Dan Kyle.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Look at hardracing.com I believe they are a vendor on this site. You can an ohlins combo ttx rear shock and cartridges for 2250 I believe. I bought my mechatronic shock from hardracing last year, great people to work with

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I have been racing my gen 4 with forks that are just revolved and sprung for my weight for the last 3 seasons. I have never needed anything more.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
^ fireman that's great bro.. exactly what I wanted to know.. ... so your saying its a waste of money to do anything more for track day fun? I'm not racing and don't have plans to race anytime soon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts