Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Met a 20 yr old kid a couple of months ago at a bike night had just bought a new 636 when I saw him he was prying the tag mount off with a screwdriver he had just pick the bike up that day. He was one of the young guys that was a wanta be stunta hung around with about 10 or so guys that were in my opinion a bunch of idiots. Saw he last Monday night at a bike night and he was all skinned up and his bike had a dented tank and rash all down the side and the front fairing was broke he crashed doing a hand stand on the tank. Being the old fart that I am I was fussing at him for being to hard headed to wear gear and was trying to convience him that he needed to learn how to ride the right way before he worried about doing stunts seemed like a good kid just running with the wrong crowd for a new rider. Well this Sunday night he payed the ultimate price for his stupidity he was running at an estimated speed of 140mph and hit a pickup in the side hit the truck so hard it flipped heard about it on the news Monday morning did not find out til today that I knew him. I just hope the guys that were with him learn a little bit and calm down. I had just told him last week that there was nothing wrong with going fast but not to do it in traffic or where there was a chance someone could pull out in front of you but the younger crowd know it all .
Sorry so long just hate to see kids waste there lives being stupid.:angryfire :angryfire

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
Thats a shame dude, I'll tell you know, it aint gonna be long before some kind of legislation comes around, especially now they are promoting stunting on TV...then it will be a shame for us all.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. Said a little prayer for him and his family. I hope this doesn't rest heavy on you, though. I also hope that the crowd he ran with does calm down like you were hoping for. Anyway, bad news like that just sucks!

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I don't know were to start. But you did your part, just hate history keep on repeating again and again new bike new experience do stupid stuff hooked w/ the wrong crowd pays the ultimate price. Deepest symphaty to the family.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The part that really pisses me off is that I ask him why the bunch he rode with did not wear gear and the reason was it did not look cool. I am one of those people that tries to tell the younger crowd things that I have learned the hard way I am not against stunters or people that go fast I do stupid things on my bike but i try to be as safe as I can when I am doing stupid things. I do wheelies but not in traffic I run the twisties hard but not where there are driveways or cross roads and I quit riding hard in the dark because of a few close calls because you can not see far enough ahead.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
hangman39 said:
The part that really pisses me off is that I ask him why the bunch he rode with did not wear gear and the reason was it did not look cool. I am one of those people that tries to tell the younger crowd things that I have learned the hard way I am not against stunters or people that go fast I do stupid things on my bike but i try to be as safe as I can when I am doing stupid things. I do wheelies but not in traffic I run the twisties hard but not where there are driveways or cross roads and I quit riding hard in the dark because of a few close calls because you can not see far enough ahead.
:+1: R.I.P

·
Registered
240 Posts
sad to hear that.
now he didn't even feel the greatest feeling of riding.
RIP

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
rip

·
Registered
754 Posts
Sad to hear about news like this. Unfortunately, it's going to keep on happening to unskilled riders. I have nothing against stunting - I don't happen to do it and would rather ride my bike in the twisties (plus, I probably couldn't stunt even if I tried). I just wish that kids would learn to ride before trying to emulate their favorite baggy pants/t-shirt stunt hero. It's too bad that it has to end this way. I'll bet that he never really had an true appreciation for the machine that he purchased.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
I hate tragedies. But the word was mentioned on gear and the other. Too bad if it was not heeded. Not your responsibility. Good job for looking out though.

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
R.i.p.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts