Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had the dealer install a 16t front sprocket, and I rode it once since then. So tonight me and the woman go out and when I am comming to a stop, and approx 25 mph I get this vibration for a second that I can feel through the clipons and the pegs. Its really annoying and it dont matter clutch in or out, neutral or in any gear. It is bad enough to annoy the shit out of me. Any ideas":? I tried it on the rear stand and I could bearly feel it. Im gonna call the dealer on monday, but maybe you gents can help me again.

Brian

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, and I cant feel it in the acceleration because the motor vibrates alot. Last night I went on a few extreme high speed runs and I hope I didnt fuck it up doing that.

·
PostWhore
13,495 Posts
hmmmm, that is odd.....maybe someone can chime in and help you....did you check the chain tension after the dealer installed it?....ide never trust that they would correct it for you.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I know the aftermarket sprockets don't have that rubber damper thing on them maybe thats the extra vibs your feeling.. :dontknow:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Take it back to the dealer, if you can't do the following: Pull off the cover to see if everything (sprocket, washer, nut) is there and tight. Make sure the wheel is alligned and proper chain tension (sounds like it could be to tight). The extra weight of a passenger is going to make it about maxed out, so if it was tight already, it is going to be very tight. The back wheel nut should be torqued too. Read the manuel for details. Mine did make a bit more noise, but nothing that severe. I wouldn't do anymore high speed stuff until this is checked out. Is the sprocket you replaced a 525? You should really like that mod.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the sugestions. Im gonna let the dealer check it out tomorrow. I rode it home from the dealer with no passenger and didnt notice it, and thats probably what it was. Maybe chain too toght.

Brian

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So the dealer took it all apart and claimed they found nothing wrong with the sprocket install. But magically now its fixed! Anyhoo, thanks for the suggestions.

Brian

1 - 10 of 10 Posts