Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I remove the exhaust valve Do i need a PCIII.

I got A&R race baffles right now but I plan on fitting a GP style exhaust from the cat back, so I'll be remooving the exhaust valve and keeping the front headers and cat converter.

Thanks :thumbsup: and sorry for those who can't stand another PCIII question :rolleyes:

·
Registered
858 Posts
No I have running without the exhaust value and no pc for a while. Some have said that they noticed a slight mid range difference. I see no problems with it though.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Yeah but your bike would run so much better with a PC.Giving you the proper fuel mixture.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yeah but your bike would run so much better with a PC.Giving you the proper fuel mixture.
I know...however I'm doing it strckly for look and weight saving on the back...the 10R as more power then i can control right now....

I'm more interested in knowing if it will run so badly that I might have problem...but if the valve is fully openned in the upper mid range...then it should make no differnece no? I'm not shure what the valve does at any given RPM...only that at low RPM it give better low end torque....

I'm more worried about decelaration popping and trottle hesitation...but if all that happens in the 4000 rpm and lower...I don't think I would care.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have the A&R baffles and valves disconnected and a modified cat. Also have an after market air filter. Its been this way for awhile and no real side effects aside from the popping on deceleration. I just ordered a pcIII last week. Im hoping the pcIII will help smooth things out and get back the TQ loss in the lower range that most say it causes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts