Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone just picked up a 2006 ZX10 with only 2921 miles on it...already lowered, strapped, stretched and geared up 3 in the rear. Heading out to the strip tonight.

Been drag racing for about 4 years now, Entering my 3rd season in the Sacramento Raceway NHRA Summit ET Series. Normally on a ZX7R but like I said I just picked up the 10.

Thought this might be a good place to learn as much as I can about my new monster.

·
Registered
461 Posts
The ZX7R will now become a dust collector. I have a 7R also but only ryde it to keep the carbs clean. :welcome: and enjoy the 10!

·
Beginner w/29k miles :o)
3,008 Posts
:welcome::hello::welcome:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Welcome! Do you know a guy named Phil? He's always out at Sac Raceway on his custom painted red and black zx-14r. Wearing his Red Bull leathers. Good buddy of mine.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
:thumbsup:

I met you and your hobby at Sac Raceway with Rick :mrgreen:.
she probably don't remember that right when you meet me at the strip.:thumbsup:

Welcome! Do you know a guy named Phil? He's always out at Sac Raceway on his custom painted red and black zx-14r. Wearing his Red Bull leathers. Good buddy of mine.

We all know Phil and he let someone else a track junkie as well race against a new Busa, It was really fun because the Busa actually took down Phils bike the first round I think @9.7s, then in the second round Phils bike won but it was streatched..........But the next time the NEW Busa got some lowering straps that suprakawigrl sold him and he got the fastest time I have seen for almost no mods on that track to date just lowered and strapped with a full system no PC. in the 9.4s a huge differance.

suprakawigrl now owns a Second Gen 10R and when she let her Hubby run it for the first time streatched he hit 10.04s. This guy is a very good rider but like me we have some weight issues(no 140lb weight guys here :headshake:lol:) but no matter he will be in the 9s consistantly with practice and give those 14s some comp or maybe the new busa something to think about. It was cool tonight because right after they ran the 10.04s @ 140mph my old Gen 10R ran 10.04 @ 142mph...fun night suprakawigrl ......see you guys soon :welcome:

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
:welcome:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts