Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

141 - 151 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
so how tight in 6th gear were u taching at the line? that's some low gearing even for a small shot. nitrous makes big torque, take advantage of it. the rpm window ur using for 2 step and launch seems safe at 600, however i caution u lowering that launch/activation rpm any more, lower activation than i recommend now, ur on such a small shot probabley ok, thing is cylinder pressure goes high instantley on spray, do not want to bog that bike on spray or spray too low in powerband. two seconds/50% ramped in leaves u a lot left, why 35 mph backhalf. u can spray that 15 shot full off the line, no ramp/100%, think u need a little gear as going to be going faster at 1/4. 1/8 times/mph will get u well into 8's. done a really good job on ur mods including nitrous setup, add a little gear, spray that full shot right off the line-gonna be surprised. bike gonna get real fast anywhere near the 30 shot if u ever go there, that probabley will require ramping with the mini controller u have. look foward to ur progress.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
Currently at the stripe with a good 60, i'm at the top of the revs with the shift light on. 2 instances over the weekend, i was on the rev limiter right at the stripe. As for gearing changes, I can go either way, as I have a small collection of sprockets. I can go up to a 16 up front or down another tooth or two in the back?
Currently i'm at 2.9:1 ratio, a 16/44 would put me at 2.75:1.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
Already planning for off season upgrades. This year i'd like to tackle suspension. Probably go with slammerz for drop ins and a new rear shock. Currently I have a OE busa shock on, it works well but I know there's always room for improvement.
What rear shock are y'all running for drag racing? I'm between Brock's or Penske. I'm not sure I need a 3 way adjustable, but, compression and rebound adjustment seems like a must as well as being sprung appropriately for my weight.

·
Registered
323 Posts
jri is a great drag shock, about 3 lbs lighter than busa shock and cheaper than those u mentioned. some of my customers have been going to steve litz and revalving the stock shock for racing, about $350 and results are about as good as anybodies shock. give him ur specs, change spring and set u up for length and weight. suggest revalving ten shock if u use him.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
How do I find steve litz? I still have my OE shock in the shop, I can send that off without the bike being down.
From what I read on the Brock's website, the brock's shock is made by JRI for Brock's. (IIRC)

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
Race season is just around the corner for me. I haven't made any changes to the bike during the off season. I'm remembering how "tight" and "grabby" the clutch is and I find it very difficult to slide since I race with a hand clutch. I have a hays modified OE basket and a cycle concepts drag pak clutch kit with the stack and springs that came with the clutch.
I'm wondering is there a mod, cushion etc... that I can use or should use to help make the clutch more racer friendly? It literally feels like it's either on or off, meaning, when the clutch releases it does so very hard and makes a consistent 60' very difficult.

·
Registered
323 Posts
litz racing in tennessee. nice guy very helpful. call him will get ur specs and modify. brocks has a clutch mod that works. me i've had the same problewith the dragpac. have a 14r cutting 1.27 60 ft with litz revalved shock and simple brock clutch mod.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
I'll get ahold of those folks. Thanks.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
Could I be losing power by running a sidewinder on my dragbike if the header tubes are too large? My motor is stock and all the add-ons for my bike are electronics from power commander. My 08 is making about 165 to the tire. Not sure if this is a typical number for a gen 3. All internals are stock, cam timing is stock, head gasket is stock, etc...

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
The stock headers were fairly restrictive good gains were made by fitting a race system. But its more your not using the full potential of the system. If you were to work the head and through better cams in or even dial the stock ones you would gain more with your system than a stock system. But without knowing the sidewinder system I cannot guarantee that with no engine mods you have not lost low to mid torque.

·
Registered
323 Posts
no not ur pipe. dynos differ, ask tuner for comparision on other 1 k's. also what rear tire u dyno with, hookup,003 shinko will kill dyno power.

141 - 151 of 151 Posts