Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

121 - 140 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
From what I've seen online, the style and shape of the 2nd gen pan is different.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
They may be some small differences, but it's the same engine case... a lot of the aftermarket pans fit the 06-10 range. If you would like to verify, I think I have an extra gen 2 pan laying around.... cover shipping and I'll send it to you to check, and you can keep it if it works out. If it doesn't work out, I'll pay return shipping and take it back.... just let me check after work today to see if I still have it.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
I'll give it a go Spaz. Send me ur info and I'll get some $ your way.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Hopefully i'm not slowly stumbling into a problem. Went to the track last night and every time i'd hit the track the bike would studder through 1st gear, seemed like it was too low on fuel. I added more fuel to the bike until the low fuel light turned off, about 1.5 gallons, and it continued to do the same thing. It did seem to get better as the night went on, but still studdering. Anybody have a similar problem? I was wondering if possibly my fuel pump is taking a crap on me? Also, i've been running VP T4 fuel, which is a 108 octane unleaded oxygenated fuel and i haven't been draining the fuel out. Should I drain and "flush" with pump gas?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Another question for you all. I put a cycle concepts drag pak clutch in my bike a year ago. Is there any maintenance I need to mess with to keep the clutch working as it should? Buddy of mine was saying something about pulling the stack apart and rotating steels and fibers from inside to outside as Kawi's tend to cook the inner plates? Any thoughts on this? I'll give dwayne a call as well.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
A while back one of you nice fellas sent me a few maps from some dyno work with Schnitz. There was a pump gas and MR12 map that was sent to me. Well.... my computer has taken a serious dump and I had to buy a new one. Any chance you can send me the maps again?
Hope you all had a great winter. In my mind, winter is nearly over since my local track opens in a month.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
It's been a while since i've posted anything on here. I had a race last weekend, despite very poor R/T's I managed to make 2 of the quickest and fastest runs to date.
After pulling the fuel out of my bike and putting some MR12 in the tank and a new map on the bike, I managed a [email protected] then followed that with a [email protected] Looks like i'll be saving my $$ and investing in some MR12 for next season.

Reactions: gaz

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
Question for you drag racers. I have a thompson swingarm and i'm in desperate need of a rear hugger fender. Anybody know who makes one or where I can find one?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
As per the norm in my life, I save the best for last. Went to my last race of the season over last weekend. Bike ran strong on friday for test n tune, but did't do anything remarkable.

Sat- time trials- qualified #7 and made it to the quarterfinals and went out on a red light.

Sunday- time trial- I qualified #2 with a .013 RT, and ran 9.201 @146
1st round elims ran 9.203 on a 9.20 dial
2nd round out of nowhere ran a 9.13 on a 9.20 dial. Luckily, my opponent red lit and broke out.
3rd round (changed my dial to a 9.212) and ran 9.202. Needless to say I didn't get lucky that time. I lost and went out.

Next year I'd love to consistently see 8.90's

Reactions: Capncalyx

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Sweet jesus... 9.13 at that mph is gettin' some work done out of the hole. Bravo man. :)

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
Yeah, it was hookin and bookin pretty good.
My 60’ was a 1.45. Hand clutch, 2-step at 5k rpm and no bars

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
Anybody have a hugger, for an extended swingarm, they wanna get rid of? I’m in Oregon and Lee’s and McIntosh want a ton for shipping.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
I'm on the search for a sidewinder exhaust for my bike. Unfortunately it appears Brock's no longer has them available. Does anybody have any experience with a Voodoo sidewinder? If they're great or garbage, please expand and tell me why.

Thank,
MedicB

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
Question for you folks. I'm wondering if anybody has dyno sheets on a gen 3 with decatted OE header and slip-on vs. sidewinder? My gen 3 is a dragbike only, so, it only operates at the top end of the rev range and will be getting a touch of nitrous this year.
My current exhaust setup is as described, gutted OE header and slip-on muffler directly on the header. Sounds great, but, if I can gain a few ponies and pick up some time, i'd be game.

Thanks in advance..
Medic B

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
First race today with testing yesterday.
With a 15 shot of nitrous I managed a [email protected] get that slip posted as soon as I figure it out

Attachments

·
Registered
323 Posts
35 mph backhallf, 160 in 1/4with a 15 shot. how was mini setup as far as activation rpm/pulsing/beginning %. i see some mid 8's possible with little bigger shot, what gearing?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #140
changed my gearing to -2/+3 (15/44) 15 shot, 50% ramp, no delay, 2 sec ramp time. Next outing i'll shorten that ramp time and lower the activation rpm closer to my 2 step.
Launch rpm is 5k with activation rpm 5600. I'll probably lower the launch rpm to 4900 and lower the activation rpm to 5200, just to account for rpm variation while on 2 step. I really don't want it to inadvertently spray while on the 2 step. Solenoid is set to 20hz in the mini, spraying through a single fogger.
I initially set it up with dual nozzle and it was way too much nitrous.

I'm feeling fortunate be on the left coast. Air was great all weekend. The pass posted was 56 degrees and DA of -295 ft

121 - 140 of 151 Posts