Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.geartronics.co.uk/suzuki.htm

I think this will work on the 10. I am not positive but I am sure someone on this forum will know if this can be installed on the 10, it may require some simple wiring modification. They say it won't work on other bikes, but that I am not so sure about that.

" The Geartronics indicator is the only unit to utilise the Suzuki OEM gear sensor" The 10 has a gear sensor also, but I don't know how or if it differs from the one on the Suzuki.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The Suzuki version will not work on a Kawa. On the suzuki the gear position sensor voltage increases with the gears (1st the lowest voltage, 6th the highest) while on the ZX10 (at least on 04-05) it's just the oposite.

But they may be making one for the Kawasakis.

·
Registered
967 Posts
:+1: It even says that in big bold yellow letters toward the bottom of the page

AFMEDIC

motty said:
The Suzuki version will not work on a Kawa. On the suzuki the gear position sensor voltage increases with the gears (1st the lowest voltage, 6th the highest) while on the ZX10 (at least on 04-05) it's just the oposite.

But they may be making one for the Kawasakis.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I seen that it said it won't work on other bikes. Just because it said that doesn't always make it so, but in this case I guess they were right.

Thanks motty for explaining the difference between the Suzuki and Kawi gear sensor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts