Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
The Movie Goer!
6,849 Posts
That's a sick show bike! But I wonder why he invested all that into it only to sell if for less and take a loss on it?:dontknow: That's krazy if you ask me! I can see if he invested 43k and then turned around and was trying to sell it for 60k to make something off of it. But damn do all that work an spend all that money and sell it right away for less an not even get to shine with it sux! That's just stupid! I would take that thing to krazy bike shows an bike events and showcase it and get a return on my investment that way! :idea: Like I invested a good amount into my bike and I haven't seen one dime back. But when people tell me how nice it is or they love the way it looks, and they stop an look at it for 5-10mins that makes me feel good! That's my return on what I invested into my bike.

·
The Movie Goer!
6,849 Posts
And another thing it's probably gonna be hard to sell it with the way the economy is. Not alot of people have 38k cash just layin around to buy a custom sportbike.

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
Why waste the money? You can buy Kawi race parts and build a close to spec AMA bike for 11k, with a left over 08 that's 19-20k, throw in Ohlins, Wheels of choice, and whatever else you'd like and end up at 30k. Spend the remaining 10k+ on tires and track days.......

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
nice bling machine,.but I would be more impressed if it had a balls out worked up motor also!.........or at least a snail hanging on it!........anybody can buy a bunch of Chrome stuff and bolt it on a bike!....and yeah,..........38k?..........he be lucky to even see 25 in this economy!......nice show bike though!.......and 38K with no custom paint?......WTF?

·
The Movie Goer!
6,849 Posts
Yea that's kool nothin wrong with that. But that's what YOU like. Not everyone is into the track day thing, the race look ect........Some people think that is a waste of money too. Everyone is different. There is no right or wrong way on how to spend money on your bike. It's your money and your bike so you can do whatever you want with it.:idea:

Why waste the money? You can buy Kawi race parts and build a close to spec AMA bike for 11k, with a left over 08 that's 19-20k, throw in Ohlins, Wheels of choice, and whatever else you'd like and end up at 30k. Spend the remaining 10k+ on tires and track days.......

·
The Movie Goer!
6,849 Posts
Here's what he was thinking! He was like I got the LE flame edition graphix so there's no need for custom paint! I'll just dump money into everything else. I bet that's what he was thinkin. I mean b/c to the average person who doesn't know about bikes in general or more specifically the zx-10r. They will look at that an think it really is a custom paint job! Even people that ride bikes are stupid like that an ask is that a custom paint job just b/c they don't know or keep up with bikes. So I can't knock him on that it's easy to fool the average person. But I agree if you're gonna spend that much you might as well go the extra step an put 5 more grand in for custom paint.

nice bling machine,.but I would be more impressed if it had a balls out worked up motor also!.........or at least a snail hanging on it!........anybody can buy a bunch of Chrome stuff and bolt it on a bike!....and yeah,..........38k?..........he be lucky to even see 25 in this economy!......nice show bike though!.......and 38K with no custom paint?......WTF?

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
Yea that's kool nothin wrong with that. But that's what YOU like. Not everyone is into the track day thing, the race look ect........Some people think that is a waste of money too. Everyone is different. There is no right or wrong way on how to spend money on your bike. It's your money and your bike so you can do whatever you want with it.:idea:
I understand that, and my reply was obviously my opinion.:idea:

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
Here's what he was thinking! He was like I got the LE flame edition graphix so there's no need for custom paint! I'll just dump money into everything else. I bet that's what he was thinkin. I mean b/c to the average person who doesn't know about bikes in general or more specifically the zx-10r. They will look at that an think it really is a custom paint job! Even people that ride bikes are stupid like that an ask is that a custom paint job just b/c they don't know or keep up with bikes. So I can't knock him on that it's easy to fool the average person. But I agree if you're gonna spend that much you might as well go the extra step an put 5 more grand in for custom paint.
yeah,.I can see that I guess,......I like the bike though!....looks good! I would rock it at bike night or something!....but I like the curves way too much!!

·
The Movie Goer!
6,849 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
You'll spend 40k on a car tho, won't you? :dontknow:
Well a regular vehicle, ie family car? No, unless I have 4 kids and have that kind of income. I havent run a buying situation in my head where I had to lay out 40K to get a reliable vehicle. I can normally do it for under 20K (used for sure). At the same time the object of interest is a power sport vehicle.

I might buy and modify a supercar, but it'll have much more than 40K in it, and the engine would be far from stock. I'll also have my plane before I do it because planes kick so much more ass than a lot of cars.

I cant believe someone would blow 40K on that project, it's like having a wife you got plastic surgery to make her pretty and yet you cant fuck her!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts