Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read about a new fuel additive called star tron. its supposed to battle the problems associated with running e10 fuels. I have never really given much credit to fuel additives that didnt have specific uses (water removal, etc) but they offer a compelling statement. just wanted to get some views of other members.....:dontknow:

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
I see a 8 ounce bottle is about 12 bucks or so... I wonder how many ounces you have to add per gallon.... it might just be cheaper to drive to a local marina and pick up some Ethanol free gas... goes for about 3.60-70 a gallon last time I checked... which premium here was 3.50 a gallon so 20 more cents for non E gas.... ??? just a thought

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,556 Posts
1 oz for 3 gallons if my memeory is right i just read the bottle friday night
local shop $9/bottle
says it works but IDK

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
hjmmm yeah so a 8 oz bottle will give you 24 gallons of treated gas.... it will cost you $0.375 more per gallon to fill up. So if your paying $3.50 a gal it will wind up costing 3.88 a gal when its all done... if you dont want ethanol I'd just go buy marina fuel for 3.70 ???

I only run E10 in my bike when on the street, never have had problems, I do know you need to add 5% fuel from non E to E10 to get the same air fuel mixture... also the E10 holds water more as well.

·
Registered
376 Posts
hjmmm yeah so a 8 oz bottle will give you 24 gallons of treated gas.... it will cost you $0.375 more per gallon to fill up. So if your paying $3.50 a gal it will wind up costing 3.88 a gal when its all done... if you dont want ethanol I'd just go buy marina fuel for 3.70 ???

I only run E10 in my bike when on the street, never have had problems, I do know you need to add 5% fuel from non E to E10 to get the same air fuel mixture... also the E10 holds water more as well.
Unfortunately for me, I dont live anywhere near a marina.. so when i go racing I just buy race gas for 7 million dollars a gallon.. :sad:

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,368 Posts
This is all the fuel you need when racing.

Attachments

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Startron has been around for a long time for boats.

I think the "new" formula for ethanol gas is relatively new but already has a pretty good reputation.

Haven't tried it myself though.

The commercial is pretty convincing too but then commercials are supposed to be convincing.

This commercial was posted 2 years ago- I was looking for the one that shows it dealing with water in the fuel but found this.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I see a 8 ounce bottle is about 12 bucks or so... I wonder how many ounces you have to add per gallon.... it might just be cheaper to drive to a local marina and pick up some Ethanol free gas... goes for about 3.60-70 a gallon last time I checked... which premium here was 3.50 a gallon so 20 more cents for non E gas.... ??? just a thought
Are you talking about just regular 91 or 93 octane gas? In Oklahoma the gas stations have to post signs telling you if they have 10% ethanol or if it 100% gas. There are several changes of gas stations that sell 100% gas. I didn't know it was that hard to find 100%.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I just read about a new fuel additive called star tron. its supposed to battle the problems associated with running e10 fuels. I have never really given much credit to fuel additives that didnt have specific uses (water removal, etc) but they offer a compelling statement. just wanted to get some views of other members.....:dontknow:
Nothing new about startron man. Been running it in my 1198 for over a year.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
it is tough to find gas stations in some states that carry non-E fuels. there were a few in arkansas, but cant seem to find any here in penn or ny. at least not local.....

I have never heard of the stuff, but that doesnt mean anything. I tend to overlook additives on a regular basis. I was just curious of it was worth a look:dontknow:

thanks for the imput. I do wish there was a marine gas station close. I would much rather give a few bucks extra for 100% then add some stuff that I am sketchy about. just my thoughts on the matter.

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,368 Posts

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,368 Posts
starbucks, fuck that noise
Um. ..
You mean the espresso machine?
I don't think they make them with a silent mode yet.
:dontknow:

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
Keep in mind that there are only seven states that ALWAYS label their pumps if alcohol is present; AK, CA, FL, ME, PA, WI, and WY. States that have NO laws mandating labeling gas pumps when ethanol is present; DC, IND, KS, KY, MD, MI, MN, MO, NV, NH, NJ, NC, and OH. So not seeing a posted "10% ethanol" sticker is NO assurance you're buyin' pure, unadulterated gasoline.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
I have been meaning to order one but there is this lil 5-7 dollar thing you can buy which will tell you roughly how much ethanol is in you fuel. I guess you fill this little bottle up with a small bit of water and then the rest fuel, shake it up and it will have the %'s on the side to read how much E is in your tank. Would be nice to know how much is actually in the pumps

1 - 19 of 19 Posts