Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of getting into drag racing, i know little to nothing of it. A week from next week i'm going to head down to orlando to check it out, make sure its something i REALLY want to do... i have no prior experience. What is required as far as atire and bike goes? I know you need leathers, gauntlets, 8 inch boots, and a SNELL helmet... anything else I should know? any help appreciated.

·
Registered
286 Posts
As far as your riding gear goes, looks like you have it covered for Orlando Speedworld. They do not require a tether kill switch or anything like that and are actually pretty lax as far as bike rules go. I have seen bikes held together with tie wraps and duct tape get through tech. They do require a functioning tail light though so that they can see that you safely exit the track at the end of your runs. The track crew is very helpful and make sure you line up in the sticky part of the track and help you stage if needed. The bike guys are pretty helpful for the most part and will help you out with launching and riding tips if you ask. I try to get out every Friday work and weather permitting so look for my Dad (Yellow Roadstar Warrior) and me and we will point you in the right direction if we don't know the answers.

Dean

1 - 2 of 2 Posts