Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R KRT ABS Edition
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Opinions? Interested in the MWR filter line-up for the road. Unsure of which filter to go with though, the HE or the Race filter (yeah I know, sounds counter-intuitive for the streets).

1 Part No: MC-040-16HE
2 Part No: MC-040-16R

They also offer an "adjustment kit" for supposedly better air flow at higher speeds... anyone got any opinion on that? Bike is coming off the dyno today w/ a BMC filter and I'm installing an auto-tune once it's back home. I assume the auto-tune will adjust to whatever filter I throw in regardless right?

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Hi man!I just purchased the MWR wsbk filter!honestly you can see why these filters need to have your bike stuck back on a Dyno!I had the BMC race filter but even just looking at it the amount of air that the WSBK filter will flow is amazing!now they are a "Race only filter"which equates to keeping it clean at regular intervals!luckily I have the a Rapidbike Evo fuel module using the 02 sensor as sender of what's exiting the exhaust with the gases!now because it's not a wide band 02 sensor it takes longer to make corrections!a few hundred kilometres or miles is plenty for the sensor to understand the difference in exhaust gas changers because of the extra air flow that's happening!now Im no racer so any further information needed is not needed for me!

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
BMC race filter v MWR filter with weight diff

Opinions? Interested in the MWR filter line-up for the road. Unsure of which filter to go with though, the HE or the Race filter (yeah I know, sounds counter-intuitive for the streets).

They also offer an "adjustment kit" for supposedly better air flow at higher speeds... anyone got any opinion on that? Bike is coming off the dyno today w/ a BMC filter and I'm installing an auto-tune once it's back home. I assume the auto-tune will adjust to whatever filter I throw in regardless right?
Check this out!this is "trading lots of money for the un known weight savings

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R KRT ABS Edition
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info man. Much appreciated!
I think I'll pull the trigger some time this month before my first track day.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Man the asking price is very high!but as you no anything that the market can use to enhance you bikes potential has always a large profile!maybe the R n D used to develop the MWR wsbk filter was extensive on the MWR side and working hands on with KHI!not to mention BMW and many more!if Archer who I consider for 1 a helpful and reliable info supplier users a product it's going to give results!is it worth the money in materials?hard to say as I don't make them!does the RnD justify its asking price?fook yes
On another note did you ditch your gardening gloves?Ive heard Plus racing has great color options so check them out!dont worry I'm only being a smart ass and really making light out of a difference of opinion lolI can be so sarcastic sometimes BUT with no intent to belittle or make you feel shit!if I was asked to describe myself in 4 words here it is "I'm a great bloke"lol
Take care man
Cheers
Peter

·
Registered
146 Posts

Auto-tune should adjust the AFR on the fly. Not as good as burning the AFR offsets onto the ECU (you just keep doing that until the offsets have little to no changes after riding).

Also keep in mind your wideband 02 sensor will need calibration after a period of time, or else you risk your auto-tune (non-burned) offsets to get out of wack, which in turn will obviously throw your AFR out of wack. My 02 says to calibrate after every oil change. Will I do that? Probably not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts