Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After a year running my '08 10, I finally got it tuned. With a PCIII, Yoshimura R-77 slip-on, XTRE, K & N Filter, and quick throttle, using a slip-on Leo Vince map downloaded from the DYNOJET site, 161.03hp, 76.96 tq. After tuning, 162.96hp, 77.87 tq. Most members agree numbers don't mean anything, what matters is the power delivery. HP gains were not drastic, but porper air fuel mixture made a world of difference. Power delirevry is very linear with 0 lag on throttle to power delivery. I had faster guys than me wondering what happened today. I was giving them a run for their lives!!!

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
After a year running my '08 10, I finally got it tuned. With a PCIII, Yoshimura R-77 slip-on, XTRE, K & N Filter, and quick throttle, using a slip-on Leo Vince map downloaded from the DYNOJET site, 161.03hp, 76.96 tq. After tuning, 162.96hp, 77.87 tq. Most members agree numbers don't mean anything, what matters is the power delivery. HP gains were not drastic, but porper air fuel mixture made a world of difference. Power delirevry is very linear with 0 lag on throttle to power delivery. I had faster guys than me wondering what happened today. I was giving them a run for their lifes!!!
Good numbers. :+1: Some people still don't get it. You gained only 1.93hp (your butt dyno could not tell) yet your bike feels alot better.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
I gave up on numbers a long time ago haha, after taking one of my bikes to two different shops and got two completely different sets of dyno readings!!! I go by feel, if I have better throtle response on top of maybe a little more power behind it they did what I paided them to do...But regardless how does it feel, much smoother I better going threw the rpms!!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
as long as it feels better and your happyand you know the A/F is all good then # dont really matter,BTW do you have a link pipe from headers to pipe ??

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
I doubt it, cause regardless of the number game, he def. would of gotten a little more!!! I have told a lot guys with slip ons, they have to remove the pre muffler/boom box as most say to really gain a couple extra hp/ft/lbs/tq you know, that thing is killing it for who ever has it still left on there bike!!!

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
So you picked up like 2 horse? Am I the only one wondering what is wrong here? :heyyou:

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Let me clarify.

1. I rtained the cat converter.

2. I modded the bike without tuning it, just using a map from DYNOJET. I got lucky with the map because I felt a difference, but the aie/fuel ratio was not correct. Not that far off, but not where it needed to be. Thats were the extra 2hp came from.

Like I said, the hp numbers did not vary that much, but the power delivery is instantaneous and very linear.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Can I ask how much the dyno time was?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
32 Posts
after custom tuning i gained 5hp and then i removed the baffle and the bike actually picked up two extra horses....while i agree dyno do not mean everything a custom tuning I would think should give you more than 2 horses

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
After a year running my '08 10, I finally got it tuned. With a PCIII, Yoshimura R-77 slip-on, XTRE, K & N Filter, and quick throttle, using a slip-on Leo Vince map downloaded from the DYNOJET site, 161.03hp, 76.96 tq. After tuning, 162.96hp, 77.87 tq. Most members agree numbers don't mean anything, what matters is the power delivery. HP gains were not drastic, but porper air fuel mixture made a world of difference. Power delirevry is very linear with 0 lag on throttle to power delivery. I had faster guys than me wondering what happened today. I was giving them a run for their lives!!!
true that , i didnt get big numbers when i did mine , but it runs so much better :thumbsup: good job

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
after custom tuning i gained 5hp and then i removed the baffle and the bike actually picked up two extra horses....while i agree dyno do not mean everything a custom tuning I would think should give you more than 2 horses
Agree. May be I did not make it clear that I had already installed a map which was close to the one created during the tuning. That is why I did not gain much hp, but got a quicker, smoother power delivery.

162.96 hp/77.87 tq are these numbers not good???

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
677 Posts
So you picked up like 2 horse? Am I the only one wondering what is wrong here? :heyyou:
nothing wrong at all, air/fuel will at best get you about 1-4 hp if your anywere close to begin with and most bikes with just bolt ons are close enough. IT'S A BIG MYTH that you will pick up 5-10 hp from a tune, I have said this befor how much hp do you think there is going from a 12.7 to a 14.7 air fuel? Hint not 5-10hp and this is a mega hugh range.

Its amazing how easy it is to sucker people and take their money. Sounds like the op went to a honest shop.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
nothing wrong at all, air/fuel will at best get you about 1-4 hp if your anywere close to begin with and most bikes with just bolt ons are close enough. IT'S A BIG MYTH that you will pick up 5-10 hp from a tune, I have said this befor how much hp do you think there is going from a 12.7 to a 14.7 air fuel? Hint not 5-10hp and this is a mega hugh range.

Its amazing how easy it is to sucker people and take their money. Sounds like the op went to a honest shop.
Yeah I hear ya...I just wonder what 6-8 hours of tuning costs now-a-days. 8 hours for 2 horse hurts my head heh.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah I hear ya...I just wonder what 6-8 hours of tuning costs now-a-days. 8 hours for 2 horse hurts my head heh.
Six hours, $200. I know it sounds steep, but the fun I had last Sunday after tuning it was worth it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts