Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, I'm another Kawasaki convert. I started with an old 1987 Honda Hurricane as my first bike. It was a fun starter bike, but that was quickly replaced with a 2003 GSX-R 750. I bought it used, which was my mistake. The motor quickly spun a rod bearing, and almost all the other bearings were showing gold, so they were on the way out as well. I rebuilt that thing myself and rode the shit out of it, then sold it.

I had my heart set on the 09 R1, it sounds amazing, looked great, but...then I rode it, and got to sit on it for more than 30 seconds, and it felt slower than my 750 did, so here I am.

This time I bought new, the bike had 1 mile on it when I got it. Now, 1 day later, it has 108 miles on it and counting. So far I'm loving this thing, and can't wait to install the parts I've ordered for it.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Welcome

:thumbsup: I think your gonna stay Kawi 4-ever after more rides on this Ninja! Especially after all the mods your planning on putting. :mrgreen:

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
very cool, congrats on the new bike and welcome

·
Registered
620 Posts
:welcome: :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys. So far I've got a yoshimura TRC full system on the way, bmc race air filter, and I'm still researching what fuel computer I want. On the 750 I was using a power commander 3-usb and I really liked how easy it was, but I really like the capability of the bazazz unit. But, I am only shooting to get 170whp (30whp more than what my 750 was putting out), and both systems are capable of getting me there.

·
Registered
411 Posts
the pcIII is the most commonly used as far as I know... let us know what u get and how it goes though, i'm interested to know.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm on the fence with the pcIII and pcV. While the V is smaller, the III supports the ignition module, which I may want in the future.

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts